Are there any movies/tv that show an evil government "clean up crew"

what i mean by this is like:
>the us army and feds in the crazies (both versions)
>the police swat teams in the original dawn of the dead
>the department of defense in the blob (1988)
>the cdc in "the stand" tv miniseries
>the shit you see in every x-files episodes

like where theres some problem, but the government just decides to dehumanize or kill everyone just to be safe or because it costs less money. usually this involves people wearing gas masks and using flamethrowers, but not always.

it seems like this concept is a lot more scant than it should be and i wonder why.

i am not talking about things like:
>the mist (where the army comes to save everyone after fucking everything up)
>cloverfield (where the army is inept or unable to help people properly)
or even
>28 days later (where the army just wants slaves to serve them because they have no high command and have gone insane)

this is what i would call the subgenre of "fema camp horror". i want more because it is so cynical and dark, but i cannot find it. :(

Attached: the sound of snow.jpg (720x576, 69.44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F4udLhOdPro
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/QuarantineWithExtremePrejudice
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JustFollowingOrders
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArmiesAreEvil
youtube.com/watch?v=qFVxMfHcKkI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>the sound of snow
bumpo

im surprised you knew what that was from. the first person in all the threads ive made with that filename and image. a true enlightened individual.

USAMRIID in Outbreak. It also shows up in Silent Weapon Smallpox, and I guess in quite a number of NID focused Stargate episodes

Attached: MV5BMTM4ODRlNTUtYTI2Yi00NmE2LWE1OWItNmU1ZjE3ZDcyMTg2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODg0OTM4NTc@._V1_.jpg (1600x900, 225.92K)

what film is the image from?

That one Australian zombie movie. Road Warrior of the Dead or something.

Idk about movies but cia docs shpuld have that because its just how it worjs irl

28 Weeks Later.

i only vaguely remember outbreak from watching it on tv years ago. i just remember that the virus was actually a bioweapon that got released by accident, but i dont remember exactly how the government reacted to it. maybe i should re-watch it.

speaking of stargate... pic rel. which episodes focus on the NID? i went up through season 3, but only saw them once or twice. first when they stole the weather control device and again when they jumped into the real antarctica gate they had stashed.

yeah, that certainly falls into this category.

i remember reading some obscure documents from fema or the dod a long time ago that were so dark. it was the actual protocols for the practical cleanup of america after a nbc attack. i dont remember everything, but i remember a lot of stuff about suspending american wage laws using an executive order and having sonderkommando conscripts drawn from camps that would help operate bulldozers to push all of the dead bodies out of the roads so military traffic could pass through without rocking their suspension driving over all the corpses. i think my mind blocked a lot of it out because when i tried to get behind the rationale of what they planned to do it reduced millions of human lives to something like sweeping up dead roaches into the trash. the stuff i read in there was so disturbing that i dont think it could ever be put to film effectively.

its from the tv show millennium, which i highly suggest you check out. it changed how i view reality forever.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-04-18-17h52m23s266.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

Yeah, Outbreak is an enhanced form of Ebola, that the US military discovered years before and covered up evidence of it's existence to make a bioweapon, gets loose in a small town in California and the military cordons it off.

sorry op, no movies but an ABC news close up from 1979. I doubt it falls under your definition of evil, but for scenes of government EPA guys cleaning chemical junk up, lots of interesting stuff here. youtube.com/watch?v=F4udLhOdPro

Attached: valley-of-drums-16.jpg (800x576, 166.9K)

Dreamcatcher has Morgan freeman leading a black Ops team on a monster/alien hunt in a small town, he murders people while saying shit like "it's every Americans dream to go home and watch Friends"
It's pretty much what you'd expect.

maybe "evil" wasn't the right word to use. i guess words like "apathetic", "routine", "degrading", "inhuman", "barbaric", "cruel", "heinous", "undignified" would be better descriptors. essentially people at the lower end of the power structure (cops, soldiers, medical personnel) rationalizing, or being coerced or misled, into disposing of vast swaths of their own populations wholesale. especially when this type of thing is hidden behind jargon and vague innuendo or structured as some sort of "mission" or "operation" like any other.

i may be wrong, but i think the earliest example of this is the original "the crazies". the reason behind this facet of the story taking center stage (as opposed to other or earlier films, such as the omega man) being that the film was released the same year america left vietnam. at the time many people, especially veterans, felt betrayed by the government and popular perception gradually came to see it as a murder mill killing machine, not a helping hand. this statement is made very clear in that film.

it makes me wonder if certain production companies wanted to stay in the good graces of the pentagon for the support they often give to films that portray them positively and so they distanced themselves from screenplays that included these elements, or they altered them to be more palatable.

>millennium
I was certain it was an x-files still, but this makes sense.

>freeman
Forget about Freeman! We are cutting our losses and pulling out! Anyone left down there now is on his own! Repeat, if you weren't already, you are now...
(in other words halflife is a big one and since games always rip movies you could just search up what it copied, though one source was the Mist so maybe they just took that and changed it to badgov by themselves)

maybe 'how i live now'? can't remember if army was good or bad. you'll have to spoil yourself

return of the living dead maybe? I don't remember much but there's a military guy I think they nuke the city at the end?
what about hunk in the resident evil games? it's the same archetype except sent by the corporation instead of the gov

Attached: 1654480113273.webm (1196x718, 356.54K)

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/QuarantineWithExtremePrejudice
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/JustFollowingOrders
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArmiesAreEvil

they're both creations of chris carter along with the lone gunmen and the lesser known, yet intriguing, "harsh realm".

he had an amazing track record with this type of material from the early 90's until about a year after 9/11, when his career got instantly decapitated.

i am probably the type of person who has a more conspiratorial outlook on the world than most people (as evidenced by this thread) because of certain things i've experienced or seen or heard in my life. i think that perhaps he got a little too close to a few too many real world events with the x files (i.e. oklahoma city, 1983 beirut bombing, gulf war syndrome) and then absolutely stepped over the line with millennium, not to mention that notorious lone gunmen episode that predicted 9/11. i think that most likely ended his career.

after 9/11 and before we were going into iraq they wouldnt even play rage against the machine songs on the radio. i would imagine that these type of shows that undermine trust in the federal government and authority figures along with promoting conspiracy theories did not sit well with a lot of people in positions to make decisions or recommendations on what should or should not be aired. instead we got things like "24" and this subgenre, or whatever you want to call it, has never really recovered since then.

even though thats a video game its mostly a picture perfect example: they are not here to save you they are here to destroy the evidence of something unethical at any human cost.

28. Days. Jim.

Attached: 1652841285331.webm (450x252, 2.8M)

gotcha, still not exactly what you're looking for, but this documentary on the government contractors cleaning up the gulf war kuwait oil fires is very interesting. the fires were set by the iraqi army while they were retreating as a scorched earth tactic (quite literally), with many people, as well as veterans, contracting long term health effects from the whole thing. scary stuff I think you'd agree. youtube.com/watch?v=qFVxMfHcKkI

Attached: 170102170429-01-cnnphotos-kuwait-salgado-restricted-super-tease.jpg (1100x619, 231.44K)

ha funny you mention gulf war syndrome... just posted a documentary for ya