Not much into space sci-fi, but.... Tell me about The Orville, is it any good?

Not much into space sci-fi, but.... Tell me about The Orville, is it any good?

Attached: the-orville-new-horizons-charly.jpg (2028x1142, 205.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NLavEHYxCIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I see one good reason to watch it.

It's literally better than any of the new Star Trek shows and reminds me a lot of Next Gen. Very comfy but with that satirical edge MacFarlane's comedy has.

>is it any good?
It's... acceptable.
It'll scratch your Star Trek-itch the same way later ENT episodes did.

Attached: 1530724941521.jpg (1080x1350, 226.91K)

It is overall but Seth needs to stop casting his fucking girlfriends because they inevitably just get fired from the show

Not usually into jewesses but she did it for me

>is it any good?
no, its complete much
only idiots watch it

It was alright but its becoming hard to watch.

Since it went to streaming each episode is like an hour+ long and you can feel how they keep padding extra seconds/minutes into shots just to fill what normally would be 40 minutes worth of content.

My biggest gripe - is all the shit storylines about shit like abortion, gender, etc. Its making it insanely hard to care about any character anymore.

I want some fucking sci-fi in my sci-fi - not Topa's gender of the week bullshit.

It could be so much more than it is.

Btw hi Seth.

>I see one good reason to watch it.
The overwhelming and endless gay/tranny/cuck content?

It's alright. It starts out as a Star Trek parody which is why it takes a while for it to gain any real traction on it's own, but when it does it really gets going. A lot of people hate season 3 because of "muh modern sociopolitical issues" but I think it handles them tastefully, in a way that doesn't diminish the show or the characters, and it doesn't hold it's audience for fools.

Not funny enough to be a good comedy, not serious enough to be good sci-fi.
It's not good.

I hate most sci-fi shit and liked most of the show

Topa is the Naomi of The Orville.

I was happy that they were gonna make them hour long episodes... then they filled their extra time with pointless drama instead of more scifi.

>It starts out as a Star Trek parody which is why it takes a while for it to gain any real traction on it's own, but when it does it really gets going.
Yeah and this why the show sucks. It can't decide whether or not it wants to be a parody or not, and it strikes a shitty balance between the two where the jokes just aren't that funny, and the show just isn't that serious.

>it's another Moclan anal fuck episode

Attached: 1585256534563.gif (800x508, 230.73K)

No.

It's moved away from being a parody almost entirely. The scenes where it "tries to be funny" are few and far in between.

>is it any good?

It is God Tier user

Attached: 1660601498919185.jpg (640x450, 45.34K)

and now we're stuck with a cast from a paroty that are absolutely unbelievable in their roles. id argue that Kelly, Bortis, and Tila are the best actors but I honestly could not give a shit at this point.

id just be blown away if someone made a good scifi at this point - the oriville had the chance and it blowed it - show is progressively getting worse.

It's impossible to discuss here but give it a try past the first episode. It's genuinely great but not necessarily for everyone.

Just check out the movie thatinspired it;
youtu.be/NLavEHYxCIk

Why is Any Forums so butthurt that a child who was forced to be trans realised her biological gender was her true gender