Man in the High Castle

How can a penultimate series episode be so damn kino, only for the actual finale to be fucking terrible? What happened?

youtube.com/watch?v=OkrTX6UCuKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oDZuB621X3U

Attached: 0823f5d5248bc232a2f9e93308808d5e.jpg (1280x720, 62.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r2bUQ3qLoUk?t=911
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I just finished watching that show 4 days ago. Wtf was Amazon thinking?
>portray an ideal American life except its under the nazis in the 60s
>Show is a huge success in the first two seasons
>proceed to run it into the ground in the next two seasons and cancel it.

it was controlled demolition.
The people in charge didnt like that people liked nazi america

Me and my mom kept zig heiling and saying obengropenfuer as I groped her. Kino show also not the first time I've seen it I think I stopped at s3 last time. That obengropenfuer actor just did such a good job as did autistic Japanese guy and even the pawn shop guy. Still pisses at that ending though what the fuck

There was literally a whole Smith redemption arc throughout the series, spurred by his son's illness and culminating in his overthrowing Himmler and securing America's independence.
Then at literally the last minute they suddenly decide that Nazis can't be redeemed and have Smith revert back into a diehard Nazi then kill himself.

This what the fuck was that ending? I wanted to see other parralel worlds as well they showed them in the glass room then just had that all happened off screen seriously fuck Amazon

youtu.be/r2bUQ3qLoUk?t=911

>The people in charge didnt like that people liked nazi america
Exactly, the whole point of the show was anti german and anti european propaganda in general which hollywood have become so notorious for, it's blatant racism and the idea is that you are supposed to hate the nazis in the series. By creating a fictional situation where they took over USA and whatever else feverish idiots claim was possible for them to do even if they wanted rather than being 4v1'd in ww2 and being an infinitesmally small country. And ofcourse portraying the nazi leadership as cartoon villains.
Then when people started to like the nazis in the series they had to bomb their own show since that was obviously not the intention.
Personally i think the show sucks massive ass.
Another cringe example of this is wolfenstein new order which is a computer game. Where they pretend again the nazis take over the world, as an excuse to have an entire game about murdering german troops and talking shit about german people all through it.

It was weird because it implied that Smith was never really a nazi, he went along to climb up the ranks and free America. Then at the last minute goes full nazi and his American second in command just takes charge and frees America like they seemingly planned. Extremely weird.

Also philip k dicks book sucks just as much as the series.
germany and japan take over the entire planet? Even nigeria is fucking bigger than both of them combined.

Thanks for the spoiler alerts, assholes.

How was a heavily surveillance police state with blatantly propaganda brainwashing to children the ideal American life? Are people really so dumb that just making if look like a Rockwell painting they said "yeah, I want that" without noticing anything else?

Imagine calling yourself black user, do you have zero individuality other than that you come from africa?
Also you're welcome.

He was never a nazi but he didn't feel like he could change the direction of things, even if he was in charge. It was kind of weird but not illogical.

Hilarious how Cody was payed by Amazon to shill this series when it was first released but never bothered watching it until years later

>series ended three years ago
>you clicked on the thread

>How was a heavily surveillance police state with blatantly propaganda brainwashing to children the ideal American life? Are people really so dumb that just making if look like a Rockwell painting they said "yeah, I want that" without noticing anything else?
apparently some liked it so they had to bomb their own show. Obviously they didn't expect that. They make a bullshit charicature about nazi germany as an excuse for blatant racism and then it backfired on them with the audience somehow. Hilarious for something that is essentially racist propaganda.
I think the americans who like nazis is just cause they tired of the american bullshit of having their country invaded and taken over by other people. And they see nazis as being against that. Eventhough everyone was, till USA started saying oh let's get ourselves invaded or we are waycist n stuff.
He's here to be a fake victim cause he's black.

But he clearly did feel he could, since he BTFOs the entire high command and his second in command lays it thick for the audience that they're on equal ground to Germany now and have nukes. The guy simply executes the plan that Smith chickens out of, and he is never before shown to be a coward.

>bullshit charicature about nazi germany
How was it bullshit? They didn't show anything the nazi didn't actually do in Europe irl.

>What happened?
They scrapped season 5 and had to end the show to early.

The final shot of the show always kills me.
>be interdimensional traveler
>go through a portal to explore parallel universe full of exciting opportunities
>first thing you see is a giant fucking swastika
OH, SHI---