Can filming ever capture Japanese cartoons?

I think it's impossible. They always make them goofy; it's supposed to be supernatural-looking; a real actor will always look lackluster in that department.

Attached: 1.jpg (1219x904, 94.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Little_Sister
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That is what anime looks like to everyone outside the weeb bubble.

Anime relies on its own little internal sensibilities that don't feel like anime if you ignore them but feel absolutely fucking ridiculous if you attempt them in live-action.

Also I'd wager the shitty Netflix Bebop wasn't even TRYING to feel like anime, it was just trying to capitalize on the IP for nostalgia.

there's literally a thread up about this right now

this actor gave a great performance as Ed and they really captured her mannerisms. they didnt really have the right look for her but they did do her voice and movement extremely well

it happens all the time

see: everyone people call something "anime" like they call the twins in breaking bad anime or brother mouzone from the wire. makes no fucking sense but they still post it.

The sad thing is it's basically a perfect translation of the anime character
But that character just doesn't work outside of anime

Jazz and death metal sounds like shit to those that don't understand it, as does most modern art.

The time will come when all humans are capable of loving art.

Edward is supposed to be a girl who looks like a boy. I dont see why they didnt cast a AFAB nonbinary or tomboy type with a male style- casting a feminine and girly AMAB nonbinary made no sense.

Agreed. Anime physics never work IRL, it's supposed to be heightened, exaggerated reality. Especially with a character like Ed who defies the laws of physics, springing and stretching around the room with noodle arms. Attempting that with live action just ends up looking like theater kids at an anime convention

I think the problem was that they tried to have this one specific character try and match the energy of the anime character while everyone else was pulled way down in energy to be more realistic, so you just have this one kid sperging out harder than seems physically possible which looks out of place. They needed to bring her down to the same level, keep her quirky but not as all over the place.

that actor did a decent job at it
the rest of it was so bad
that's what the consensus seems to be on tv, i'm sure japanese studios could do a really good job at it though
issue is hiring weebs and shit, and letting someone who isn't a japanese artist who came up with it total control

>anime is as artistically deep as jazz
I seriously hope you guys don't believe this

I love this cute jellybean so much it's unreal

did you really just try to compare anime to fucking jazz? you uncultured man children desperately trying to justify watching shitty cartoons has always been pathetic, but this one takes the cake. holy shit

Attached: jazzmusicstops.jpg (540x720, 53.02K)

she's a girl retard, "non-binary" is trendy now, and I bet her leech parents thought it'd sell.

>anime is like.... LE JAZZ!
Fuck off, weeb.

Fuck this queer bitch. I bet ses the reason the show got canceled
The director realized what mistake he made casting this bitch and refused to make a whole season with her and recasting is always weird no matter what when a character has already been shown

Attached: ere.png (279x288, 91.03K)

the japanese are not retards, and know their cartoons are goofy shit if put on actors.
their live action films would be serious shit.

>Comparing jazz to death metal
Metal heads are so fucking retarded

I miss this Jellybean like you wouldn't believe

Westerners are unaware of almost all live action adaptations of manga/anime and usually assume that manga/anime == crazy superhero fighting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Little_Sister

Anime and cartoons are not the same thing, and if anime is shit then logically everything in the world must be shit.