I dodn't understand the movie what did the monkey have to do with the Alien?

I dodn't understand the movie what did the monkey have to do with the Alien?

Attached: MV5BNzYzMTA4ZjktMjQzOS00ZWNhLTg0NGItZjEyNTdiOTllY2U2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTEyMjM2NDc2._V1_.jpg (1080x1920, 728.23K)

The entire movie is a relatively shallow statement about treatment of animals. Those who tried to abuse animals for personal gain were punished (those who worked with gordy were killed while the kid who we can assume was kind to gordy was spared) and this is mirrored with the UFO creature. Those who attempted to use it for gain without treating it with respect suffered the consequences. The main character is supposed to be viewed as morally good as he treats his horses with respect and kindness.

to add to this, being shallow isn't bad. It was a creature feature first and foremost.

Wot

wrong, the movie was about white people bad.

Gordy treated bad. People use gordy to make money but loud noise (balloon popping) make him kill people. Kid nice to monkey and not killed.

Alien treated bad. People use Alien to make money but loud noise (blasting stereos and dinner bell) make it kill people. Man respect alien and not killed.

Did I spell it out for you enough?

but who was phone?

Peele literally spells it out at the beginning of the movie with the bible verse “And I will cast abominable filth upon thee, and make thee vile, and will set thee as a spectacle.” The movie was actively punishing the "spectacle" aspect of nature. We incorrectly assume a form of connection that makes us special. That makes us different. ANd it's a lie. Jupe incorrectly assumed he had some form of connection that spared him from Gordy. And he incorrectly assumed the same carried for this creature. He treated it as a spectacle rather than something to be left to its own devices. It's why the creature actively ate anybody stupid enough to continue staring at it. Like locking eyes with a chimp, you don't fucking do that.

It's only when you can avoid the spectacle, in essence outright refuse in the case near the end, that you have any hope of salvation. I actually thought this was the simplest of his movies to grasp but then again I could just be talking out my ass.

Wot

Mean + Monkey = Bad

Mean + Alien = bad

Respect + Monkey = good

Respect + Alien = good

And the magic shoe supports this theme because…?

>The main character is supposed to be viewed as morally good as he treats his horses with respect and kindness.
Isn't he mentally retarded though? He just looks at his feet and mumbles incomprehensibly throughout the entire movie.

>tfw I fully understood the movie but the end was still a huge mess

Jordan Peele needed to go full Speilburg but he fumbled the delivery of most of the plot-critical stuff after the director decided to go full Captain Ahab.

I see it as two interpretations. The first is that it was a "bad miracle". The second is that you're waiting for the "other shoe to drop" later on in the movie. The first dropped with Gordy, and the second with Jean Jacket. I think both a viable ways of looking at it. Again, I'm just guessing.

that was an incongruous detail to be creepy.

Its just supposed to answer why there was only one shoe in the museum. Hence why the shot was framed the way the shoe was framed in the case.

I thought this was just about how when you're in an "urban" ghetto you're not supposed to look the "urban youth" in the eyes or they chimp out.

A little bit yeah. Someone being able to connect with animals more than people is pretty common in movies like this. Think of the dog guy from John Carpenter's The Thing.

no, Peele has only made one movie about race.

the monkey had a chimpout

No, he's just shy compared to his showboat sister and father. It represents him coming up in a showbusiness related family business which might not be something he would have chosen himself.

Isn't that just how blacks talk? It's always either that or shucking & jiving like the sister.

Yeah and The Thing would suck if the main character was the dog guy

>have horror movie where all characters behave realistically
>the monster is overcome in a straight-forward manner due to good planning
>...
>cinematographer goes LE CRAZY to pad the runtime and get more action scenes

Attached: 1657602926852.jpg (600x600, 47.86K)

the monkey is a metaphor for blacks, the alien for whites. see?

Because the story wasn't written around him. Come on dude.

Same issue I have with Prey, too much spectacle and need for action scenes spoiled the theme.

If you wrote the story around the dog guy it would suck, you fucking miserable retard. That's why this movie is mediocre at best, you don't write a monster movie around an autist as the protagonist. The only memorable part of this movie is the body horror ending.

Therefore not thematic in any way, thus confusing.

he was an artist who wanted perfection after spending his life making shitty ads. but yeah despite being set up it felt really contrived that SOMETHING extra had to go wrong.

the TMZ photographer showing up was handled really weirdly too. you could tell there was ADR'd dialogue to explain why his bike stopped working and his dialogue was all so whacky it didn't fit the tone of the film even as black comedy.

a huge issue with the scenario at the end is that once its established that the alien's EMP effect has a specific range, they could have just recorded it with remotely controlled cameras, who cares if they turn off when it gets close if you've got several seconds footage of a fucking space cthulu from multiple angles.

David Lynch puts genuinely random shit like that in his films all the time.

I feel like Jordan Peele just read a couple pages of the SCP wiki and added black people.

There’s no body horror in Nope.

>the body horror ending.

what are you referring to?

You’re putting Peele on Lynch’s level? That doesn’t fly. The conceit with the shoe is that an astute viewer would immediately assume there are aliens at work, causing havoc. In the end, all we got was an errant space manta ray. It’s half-cooked at best, unlike Lynch.

The monkey symbolises African Americans and their uncontrollable behaviour, what Peele meant by this I’m still unsure of, maybe he’s slowly coming back to the white side of history

Then whatever you want to call being digested alive by an alien you pedantic retard. That's classic body horror but I guess because it was psychological rather than some CGI man melting you're going to sperg out

This nigga stopped watching after Jupe's festival went to shit.

Why is it named "NOPE"?

Sorry meant to say nigger, damn autocorrect

That’s not what body horror means. Not meaning to pull your strings, but you’re the tard, not us.

body horror means stuff like the ending of Men, not a few confusing shots of being stuck inside a cramped biological tunnel.

Can’t really blame in, in retrospect…

>Body horror or biological horror is a subgenre of horror that intentionally showcases grotesque or psychologically disturbing violations of the human body.
It's literally body horror you're just a pedantic midwit akshully guy

>Says something nonsensical and kills himself for no reason

Attached: image_2022-08-14_192936564.png (1080x1920, 2.56M)

By that definition, any movie where a character is killed has body horror. Think with your brain dipshit.

Attached: ShakeMortified.jpg (300x300, 22.15K)

Modern nigger irony.

Wot

>any movie where a character is killed has body horror
Yes.

>Mean + Monkey = Mean + Alien
>Monkey = Alien

Alien = Chimp

Did you just fucking double down on your own bullshit?