This kills you and creates a copy

And I'm tired of pretending that's not what happens.

You are literally de-atomized and the data from before you were de-atomized is sent to another location where a copy of you is created from completely new atoms.

Anything else is just cope.

Attached: trannyporter.jpg (1235x898, 247.62K)

I always thought about that.
Funny how only saw that shit in Resident Evil Revelations 2 where the original faces her clone

100% correct. Directly confirmed beyond all doubt in TNG: Second Chances and LOW: Kayshon, His Eyes Open.

From the perspective of the copy though it works perfectly

Nope. Otherwise they could beam you with the shields being up. Clearly an actual matter stream is being used rather than data only.

Barclay sees the souls of the crew trapped in the pattern buffer, as they're being ripped apart

I disavow

I am 40 with 2 kids and genuinely miss the time of my life where this kind of shit was an issue.

>get injured
>injury remains after transport
So no, you're still you.

The shields block data streams, numbskull.

No it doesn't. Otherwise communication would've been impossible.

>Nope. Otherwise they could beam you with the shields being up. Clearly an actual matter stream is being used rather than data only.
This is an excellent point but it is entirely irreconcilable with the transporter duplication episodes. If there's only enough matter to make one Riker, a transporter malfunction can't make two.

It copies you from right before the process, injuries included, retard.

Comms are allowed to pass through a point in the shields.

That's the whole point of the movie The Fly. If the machine doesn't re-create you perfectly then you come out looking like a mangled up freak.

I don't think you understand user.

Are there really people that deny this?

Depends where the duplication takes place; if the matter stream is somehow duplicated between transporters, then the transporters itself didn't have any part in it.

Atoms can story memories?

And if they are getting "deatomized" the why don't they feel pain?

Impossible because of the law of conservation of mass.

>Transporters are allowed to pass through a point in the shields.

In ENT they have the inventor of the transport appear and he said thta some people thought they would be killed an dreplaced with a weird clone. He laughed it off but didn't elaborate though.

They do