This is a masterpiece and I’m tired of people acting like it isn’t

This is a masterpiece and I’m tired of people acting like it isn’t

Attached: 80FFDF48-D2AB-460F-B6AA-41B372D2F49F.jpg (1400x1990, 602.58K)

Not a masterpiece like LotRs but it is quality kino that deserves more respect than it got.

It's everything wrong with Peter Jackson given free reign since he was fresh off LOTR.
>flat acting with terrible actor decisions
>overreliance on CGI to create insane scenarios
>inability to cut out plot irrelevant scenes and padding
>utterly bombastic and over the top compared to the original work

I still like it, but everything wrong eith the Hobbit is present here.

Agree.

Wrong!

The tie-in game was a masterpiece if anything else.

men of taste and culture

I too love this version of King Kong the most. And goddamn, when they fall into that valley with all the creepy crawlies, that shit was traumatizing

Attached: 1635118470049.gif (434x250, 448.22K)

Attached: 1631034843078.gif (498x280, 1.77M)

>And goddamn, when they fall into that valley with all the creepy crawlies, that shit was traumatizing
The shit that had me was Kong ripping the TRex jaws apart. THAT was some shit.

Better monster movie than the dogshit we’ve been getting for the past 10 years.

Monkeys aren't monsters you RACIST, you RACIST calling black people monkeymonsters you're RACIST

This. It was incredible.

I like going back to it. Even the extended version. But I have to admit that the complaints are justified. I don't care about them and I like how long this movie is but the criticism has merit. The original is better thanks to its pacing but I'd say it's still only a masterpiece by the virtue of being so important to the genre. It's 9/10 movie thanks to Bruce Cabot.

It was the last great adventure movie

No, it was made in the dark ages of the genre. Or should I say a near total drought. We're in a much better place now.

i agree, you can see jackson leaning into all his hackier tendencies, but it's STILL got a bunch of legitimately great scenes

>save me, Spinosaurus!

Attached: 1653215345722.gif (500x188, 1016.53K)

Kong's cinematic history is almost entirely just endless repeat of the same story. And here we have the part where he kills creatures more interesting than him.

I like dinosaurs too, but they definitely have less to them than Kong. There's a reason he keeps getting movies. He's fairly intelligent and has emotions. Trex has pretty much run through everything it can do, and they just keep introducing bigger and meaner versions to kill it off.

In the original at least Kong is a part of a larger story. If his role was played by any other type of creature I wouldn't find him any less sympathetic. The Jackson version really showed him as more of a character than the 33 version.

Played all the time on my PSP