Stargate Blu-ray

>Want to watch whole of Stargate franchise
>Have seen the movie & handful of episodes of SG-1, three of SGA
>Want to buy on blu-ray to avoid handing more money to autistic streaming services
>Not sure what set/sets to buy - entire collection? A season/show at a time? Please give recommendations.

Attached: sgbluray.jpg (213x237, 13.16K)

GOOLD?

Attached: GeorgeHammondConfused.jpg (700x393, 130.2K)

Buy the best looking set, op image set looks cheap and gay.

> Buy.
> Stargate.
It's too aggressively mediocre for that.

Better than you remember.

Based advice, found Atlantis, will see what I can do about SG-1.

>>

>Re-watching SG-1
>Broca Divide episode
>Primitives are attacking a woman
>Carter wants to stop it, Jackson says, well this is how we think primitive man had sex.
>Jackson was trying to allow rape to happen.
Pretty funny.

Season 1 does have a lot of girl power episodes. The infamous Carter line in the Children of the Gods about having her reproductive organs on the inside. The 4th episode in season 1 with the Mongol style tribes who have strict rules about women is perhaps more along those PC 90s tropes. The Hathor one were her and Dr Frasier have to fight is much better in my opinion. I do laugh how you go from Hathor girl power episode to the next episode Singularity where Carter is surrogate mother to a child and Teal'c even has the line about how she worked out the issue as "mothers instinct".

Also, STARGATE THREAD

Attached: Tok'ra.png (604x510, 407.75K)

Attached: GOOLD (2).jpg (1021x972, 252.49K)

Nice trips.
Get the DVDs. The bluray is just the standard stretch job to get the require resolution.

Attached: GOOLD (1).jpg (1307x688, 97.6K)

>trips.
DUBS

Attached: GOOLD (3).jpg (1400x786, 132.66K)

>Want to buy on blu-ray
Apparently S1-7 are just a terrible upscale with Goldeneye levels of DNR so back to streaming/torrents you go

I've heard about that but never quite understood why. The show was filmed on film, so the transfer to hd shouldn't be that hard, 1080p with dated cgi is better than upscaled videotapes.

It might be because of effects. Star Trek: The Next Generation was filmed on film but all the effects were made using video editing. So when it came to making it HD they had to spend tens of millions to remake all the effects in the same style. I would wager that the problem is most likely similar. The way the CG or effects were overlayed on the film means that they would have to remake them for proper HD and that would cost tens of millions.

Just torrent it you retard why are you overcomplicating things.

Attached: 1658021313903.jpg (750x920, 38.07K)

Attached: 1656801545125.jpg (552x858, 84.67K)

Because having it sitting on your shelf is comfy. I myself only buy 4k discs these days, but I understand the impulse

Jaffa tongue my Chappa'ai

Attached: 1642771331992.jpg (320x237, 21.41K)

THE SHOW IS STREAMING 24/7 ON TWITCH

these people are too good for twitch, don't you understand?

Who the fuck rewatches a show via 24hour stream

same people who used to watch television with ads, but now we don't have ads. also it's like having a bunch of goobers in your basement to bounce ideas off of while you're enjoying your kino. it's not for everybody

Probably but mainly because the quality of everything else has declined since then.

I get that part but it's nigh impossible to fully watch a show through 24hr stream

pusy

Attached: 1644933463446.jpg (1916x1080, 251.79K)

There's no reason to buy the blu-rays, and I say that as someone who thought the show was great for the most part. They never spent the money on a proper upscale, and it's not a show that had its episodes raped by streaming services. It didn't rely on licensed music during the original run, and there's nothing controversial enough to get removed.

If you're just a collector than by all means go for it and just pick what you think will work best on your shelf. But there are multiple ways to watch the show in good quality for free, so if you're just looking to watch it through go for those.

Fun Fact: the SGC had a holographic generator room powered by an artifact of the Ancients but Hammond of Texas kept it strictly for his own recreational use.

Attached: General Loneliness.jpg (826x514, 70.07K)

>BUT O'NEILL, YOU ATE MY MARRIAGE CAKE

Attached: Yes.gif (235x240, 1.85M)