A challenge; name a film you really liked, in a genre you normally despise

A challenge; name a film you really liked, in a genre you normally despise.

Attached: scenery censor.jpg (1080x1350, 266.54K)

Joker

i dont despise it but crazy, stupid, love is the only romantic comedy i enjoy a ton

La La Land

Down With Love is adorable and charming as fuck and I never give romcoms the time of day

Moulin Rogue - musicals
Where the heart is & Stardust - romance

Sweeny todd

My Big Fat Greek Wedding

Chipwrecked. Not sure what genre it is, sometimes I watch kids movies.

Bridemaids

The World's End - action comedy

Hate musicals, actually liked this. It helps that it's not THAT kind of musical, they're actually singing songs as a band in the film. And the main girl was stunningly beautiful.
I can never tolerate when everyone in the vicinity bursts into a dance routine in musicals usually. It looks so stupid.

Attached: sing-street-poster-2.jpg (1044x783, 168.96K)

Everyone Says I Love You. I remember seeing it in the theater and being appalled when I realized it was a musical, but to my surprise I ended up really liking it.

Dredd was the only capeshit I enjoyed

Same for me with LaLa Land. I wasn't aware it was a musical, and I ended up liking it.

I normally hate indie sci fi shit but Parallel was great. Interesting premise but doesn't rely on special effects or mcguffins, it remains a character driven story.
As a bonus, it also has a Berenstain Bears / Mandela effect reference.

Blues Brothers

For me it's this and 10 Things I Hate About You

I FUCKING HATE ROMANTIC COMEDIES
can hardly wait is a good film, cannot explain that, tide comes in and tide does the opposite i think

I hate this bitch's face

I wouldn't say I hate the genre entirely, but Chronicle was very good for a found footage film.

I hate romcoms, and I especially hate those gimmicky ensemble ones like Valentine's Day.
But I like Love Actually. And I know it's dumb and cheesy and entirely hypocritical of me. But I just like it. It's standard Christmas time fare for me every few years.
God damn what a fag

Attached: love_actually_ver3.jpg (510x755, 93.05K)

These are all good.

I can't even think of a film I've seen in any of the genres I despise.

A challenge: learn how to use a semicolon and not mistake it with the colon.

I normally preferred the non-musical animated films, but I not only liked the songs of this film, I thought they all bar one suited and enhanced the film instead of feeling like the movie just stops to play a barely relevant pop song like so many of the Disney ones. The one the Pharaoh's priests sing is the only one I thought was out of place musically and narratively, I would cut that if I was in charge. But all the rest are good, especially the opening song.

Attached: prince_of_egypt_ver2_xlg.jpg (1012x1500, 549.34K)

That’s easy, RRR. I don’t like action movies or musicals but it blew me away.

Attached: 346A73D0-91B4-4320-A029-A1C5B92A4BB1.jpg (1434x2048, 420.93K)

Generally don't like documentaries but Der Ewige Jude just drew me in.

Notting Hill

The Suicide Squad - Superhero movies made in or after 2008

Is this Lana Rhoades?

Attached: strolling_through_the_gas.png (500x385, 144.11K)

It's the girl who shoved a live rat up her ass.

She looks latina

I really don't care for found footage, nearly all I've seen are just standard narrative films but with shitty camerawork, there's zero attempt to alter the narrative or the format to account for it actually being filmed in-universe, which usually has the laziest excuse for someone to be filming scenes all the time as well.

But this was great, and did exactly what I want to see out of found footage; actually changing up the format and dispensing with traditional film narrative, in this case a documentary style (and actually a documentary, not just some morons running around shaking a camera).

Attached: Savageland-730768827-large.jpg (750x1000, 163.71K)

>shoved a live rat up her ass.
That doesn't sound healthy for her or the rat.

No.

Is this Bollywood?
cos he's making up bullshit

Atonement - period drama
I feel like I would enjoy Remains Of The Day if I ever get around to watch it

imagine disliking an entire genre

From what I understand the rat remained cozy for up to 3 days before it came back out again.

Portuguese

Attached: 1646787336690.webm (476x740, 2.97M)

jesus christ superstar
before trilogy

Imaging disliking only one genre when there are so many to dislike

American Psycho.
>Horror/Thriller
>Comedy

So latina, got you.