Soldiers carefully created with a lack of independent thought to specifically carry out any and all orders without...

>soldiers carefully created with a lack of independent thought to specifically carry out any and all orders without question unless they were of higher rank or spec ops, and even then that was limited
>uhhhh, nah, it was brain chips the whole time that made them do it :)
Fuck off. What a stupid fucking retcon.

Attached: Commander Cody.jpg (360x534, 69.81K)

They had to write themselves out of a corner because they made the clones in TCW BFFs with the Jedi so they could quip at each other every other line.
Hack behavior.

>remember that Jedi woman from the movie, Barris Offee?
>well, she's a kid now because Ahsoka needs a friend

What color is your Bugatti?

The clones were just really loyal to the emperor. Why did they need brain chips? Even SWBF2 touches on this

I always liked the idea that clones had independent thought but mostly despised the Jedi and their place in the war

My headcanon is that the chip is there just to make sure that the few jedi who had gained their clones' loyalty wouldn't get a change to escape while most of clones did excecute the order 66 without the chip forcing them to.

>>soldiers carefully created with a lack of independent thought
>“Even though they’re clones, clones are people,” Lucas emphasized. “Everybody starts out the same, but in time, as they grow up, they change. One of the keys in doing a movie is you gotta recognize the characters.”

>GEORGE LUCAS: The Jedi won't lead droids. Their whole basis is connecting with the life force. They'd just say, 'That's not the way we operate. We don't function with nonlife-forms." So if there is to be a Republic army, it would have to be an army of humans.

>Filoni: Again, all of these stories originated with George [Lucas], and he wanted to tell the story of Order 66. He seemed very interested in getting into the details of that story and what drives it. So we had a lot of dangerous ground to tread there because how can you tell a story about that? You'd have to try not to give away to the main characters, the Jedi, "Oh, this is all going to fall apart around you!” So the sad thing about it all was the minute we told the story, the minute we had someone start to understand it and explain it to the audience, that character was going to die. Like, there was no way out of it for Fives. There's that sense of sadly impending doom for him. From my earliest conversations with George coming onto Clone Wars, as far back as 2005 when I put to him "What was Order 66, and how did it work?”, he was always connected to the idea that it was somewhat of a Manchurian Candidate concept. When the order goes down, it's not like the clones have a real way to say, "No, I'm not going to do this.”
>unless they were of higher rank or spec ops
Non-canon EU fan-fiction.
>SWBF2
Non-canon EU fan-fiction.
>because they made the clones in TCW BFFs with the Jedi so they could quip at each other every other line.
So, like Revenge of the Sith? Ever watched that movie?
Barriss' age was never specified, and in animation everyone looks younger and slimmer.

Attached: RotS.jpg (1920x804, 1.55M)

Ok, Dave.

Right on time and wasting no time, I see.

Attached: ol reliable.jpg (960x2020, 307.45K)

I have no memory of this shot lol, why does one of the Clones looks like a different guy

Not him, but that's supposed to be what clones (Jango, more specifically) look like in their 20s.
So a fresh clone, essentially.

Yeah I think I remember them looking more like that in the Kamino scenes during Attack of the Clones. You got a timestamp for this shot?

I just checked and I can't find it. Might be a deleted scene.

Yeah I can't place it and I feel like I know RotS like the back of my hand. It does look a bit spotty.

Disregard that, I suck cocks, I thought from that screenshot they were already on Utapau.
0:51:42

There's no way to explain why they suddenly become assholes other than a brain chip.

How does following direct orders from the highest authority equate to them being assholes?

Ah, I remember now. Never noticed the attempt to de-age Temuera Morrison. Like every screenshot, it looks better in motion, but is still not perfect.

I just learned that pic related isn't even Temeura Morrison, it's Bodie Taylor. So is the III shot an attempt to make Morrison look more like Taylor, or is it just a completely digital Taylor? Much to think about.

Attached: Clonestraining[1].jpg (1910x1070, 213.45K)

Retired Clone Trooper:
>What I remember about the rise of the Empire is... is how quiet it was. During the waning hours of the Clone Wars, the 501st Legion was discreetly transferred back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip. We all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but no one said a word. Not on the flight back to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi Temple. Not a word.

quote from Battlefront 2, the original one

>There's no way to explain why they suddenly become assholes other than a brain chip.
you were one of the morons who thought that the death star exhaust port was also a plot hole, weren't you

It should be noted that while Clones ”think creatively” and ”obey orders without question”, this doesn’t make them subhuman; it’s the result of genetic engineering and a decade of indoctrination.

Lucas’s quote there is very interesting because it points to the deep jedi racism and hypocrisy (which Obi-wan talks about ”if droids could think, there’d be none of us here”, and jedi do own droid slaves) since droids clearly are alive and do think and speak ”we seem to be made to suffer :(”

Essentially, clones are a thing because the Jedi wanted the right kind of slave.