Do Americans really think that they are not the Empire?

Do Americans really think that they are not the Empire?

Lucas literally said that his movie was inspired by Vietnam.

Attached: Galactic-Empire_ee15e2e7.jpg (1200x600, 175.33K)

you understimate their lack of self awareness

We know and we love the empire

>what if the Vietnamese were the good guys instead of brainwashed communist pawns of the chinks massacring their own people so they can live poor and opressed for the next 3 decades?

So..?

ANYONE WHO RUNS IS A BOTHAN SPY. ANYONE STANDS STILL IS A WELL-DISCIPLINED BOTHAN SPY.

You still lost

whats wrong with being the empire?

>Lucas literally said that his movie was inspired by Vietnam.
This sentence brought to you by R*ddit™

jim hill is a pedo

'Inspired by' doesn't mean 'an allegory for'.
The Ewok Cong is a funny idea though.
Yub Yub.

Attached: OIP.jpg (474x485, 43.5K)

The Empire is obviously the Imperial Japanese from ww2.

I wish we were as cool as the Empire.
Something tells me part of us are going to become the CIS soon enough, though.

Attached: 1611799712645.jpg (1217x713, 589.41K)

>Lucas literally said that his movie was inspired by Vietnam.
Yeah retard the commie vietnamese were the empire and America is the patriotic freedom loving rebels

What did Lucas mean by this?

Attached: 128276.jpg (610x231, 126.25K)

Reminder.

>George Lucas: The Vietnam War and Richard M. Nixon informed the development of Star Wars. At one point, Nixon thought he might try to change the constitution so he could run for a third term. That set me off thinking about how a democracy falls, and doing research on all kinds of democracies from Greece to Rome.
>George Lucas: The Gungan battle was like the Charge of the Light Brigade, it illustrated a theme that repeats in my films — a non-technological society takin on a highly technological society. Like the Vietnam War, the people without the technology were the victors because they had the heart and soul. So it's another version of the Ewok battle.
>Terrence Stamp: Lucas seemed rather astounded to be asked [direction about his character]. He paused, thought about it, then said, "He's a good man, but beleaguered, a bit like President Clinton." That was it! No more direction.
>George Lucas: No, [the Emperor] was a politician. Richard M. Nixon was his name. He subverted the senate and finally took over and became an imperial guy and he was really evil.
>George Lucas: I insisted that they do action figures of Princess Leia. When you've lined them up, she's the main character, for God's sake. [It was about] just convincing people. You say white privilege, but there's really male privilege. Male privilege is even worse because it's tied up with your libido and your self-esteem and all this other stuff. And it cuts across all races. For some reason in America especially, maleness is a big issue.

Attached: George Pride.jpg (612x380, 54.12K)

>British Accents
>Storm troopers
>Refer to their "Imperial Navy"
>Used to be a Republic until their Senate was dissolved

Quite clearly USA/UK/Nazi themes, not a single idea

>“Originally I started writing Star Wars because I couldn’t get Apocalypse Now off the ground,” Lucas says. “When I was doing Apocalypse Now it was about this totally insane giant technological society that was fighting these poor little people. They have little sticks and things, and yet they completely cow this technological power, because the technological power didn’t believe they were any threat. They were just a bunch of peasants. The original draft of Star Wars was written during the Vietnam War where a small group of ill-equipped people overcame a mighty power. It was not a new idea. Attila the Hun had overrun the Roman Empire; the American colonies had been able to defeat the British Empire. So the main theme of the film was that the Imperial Empire would be overrun by humanity in the form of these cute little teddy bears.”

Attached: Ewoks.jpg (1105x829, 426.53K)

Americans think the Empire is Nazi Germany. The rest understands they are America.

>What if
They were the good guys. Basic scrappy rebels vs evil empire dynamic.

>Something tells me part of us are going to become the CIS soon enough, though.
That already happened. The CIS was just Iraq.

Vietnam did actually fight a war against China after the US left. they earned the right to oppress each other instead of letting foreigners do it.

I have more disposable income than you, mutt
t. vietcong with 300 bucks left in my account after every month.

this just proves that writers should avoid commenting on contemporary political issues in their work.

it dates the material and means that no one can enjoy it after the specific hisorical moment has passed. ;^)

Nah. It's applicable enough that it applies to any work.