Why would a droid designed for war be programmed to say "uh"?

Why would a droid designed for war be programmed to say "uh"?

Attached: 1515174025996.jpg (500x487, 46.86K)

They were purchased from a low-bid contractor.

Imagine making one into a sex droid.

had this exact thought in 1999 when i was 11
this is where i decided i did not like this movie

Battle droids are the greatest thing to come from the prequels.

Attached: 1528405993555.jpg (736x1056, 145.04K)

because they had soul

It's smart enough to talk but not smart enough to know what to say. It's not "programmed" to say anything, it just talks organically and part of that is taking time to figure out what to say.
These aren't toy robots that spit lines when you pull their string, they're (purposefully retarded) AI.

They were made cheaply and quickly as a fake army

To emphasize how cheap they are retard

all the more reason they shouldnt have a personality

what do they eat?

>part of that is taking time to figure out what to say
Obviously moron but an "uh" would still have to be programmed. That's idiotic. Think before you type.

soul

It's likely that such a machine would have been designed using parts from already existing models on the market. Consider that these may have very well have shared a speech modulator system that was commonly installed in droids that had more productive and social purposes. It does make sense they would use parts that had already been mass produced for some time.

they were all remotely connected to a shitty computer and would have delayed reactions

Yeah but the UH was designed to give an audible timeglass for when the computer is taking some extra time to formulate the response

It's pretty obvious that droids are fucking stupid and incapable of any higher level thinking in any of the films.

He saw Panaka and was getting ready to make black people slaves again!

Why is a droid communicated their plans through sound? Wouldn't they do it through the internet waves and nobody would know what they are planning?

I could be like those Boston Dynamics robots where the legs keep moving even when stationary... Just with having to talk all the time.

Why is it more idiotic than having the droid just randomly start and stop talking?
From a consumer standpoint there should be some indication that the droid isn't having some kind of malfunction, and why not just use the same indication as its creators?

The programmers are redditors.