Funny

>funny
>smart
>workaholic
>legend in the business
>respected stand-up
>worth $400M
>outlived many of his rivals
Is there a greater figure in the history of comedy or late-night television?

Attached: leno.png (544x588, 378.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oufEgc6oR38&ab_channel=HowieMandelDoesStuffClips
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also: has done a weekly set in Hermosa Beach every Sunday since the late 1970s. Humble. In his lane.

B-b-but… he stole le wacky ginger stringy dance mans dream of hosting the tonight show!!!

Attached: 82BFF103-CC98-4EE2-84C6-E7B176256501.jpg (192x192, 11.92K)

He got a lot of shit from NBC execs when Obama became president and he refused their request to not poke fun of the president. Thats what that weird saga happened between him and Conan.

Conan knew what he was doing. Flew too close to the sun.

youtube.com/watch?v=oufEgc6oR38&ab_channel=HowieMandelDoesStuffClips

Jay Leno's Garage is better than his comedy ever was. Fite me.

Yet...he ended up winning against Conan? If what you say is true then that makes literally no sense, if the network didn't like that he made Obama jokes then why would they re-hire him as the host of the tonight show over Conan?

i agree.

Nobody remembers his name. No one thinks of him as influential. Letterman beat Leno just on this.

ratings are ratings, bro. That's all I can say. Doesn't matter if you're good, bad, ugly, beautiful, stupid, or smart... if you bring in ratings and commercial revenue, you're in.

Letterman was more influential but Leno was the benchmark for stability.

I don't even hate him, it's just Letterman was infinitely more enjoyable.

Are we talking Letterman or Conan?

Now he is stuck doing some shit game show.

What else is he going to do? He's an impotent multi-millionaire who's been a company man for 35 years.

I've seen Leno live 3 times and I'm under 40.
Dude is a legit old-school entertainer. Just wants to make people laugh and that's his only agenda.

>conan ends up being a huge faggot
>unironically felt bad about being on team conan when all this shit went down
I'm sorry Jay
I still like Conan but he's a bitch and NBC was right

Holy fuck Mandel is obnoxious

Stability for literal boomers. Who cares? Today’s generation of comics grew up watching Letterman and Conan and idolizing the comics they brought on like Norm.

I miss Headlines and the opening monologues.

Literally just made this shit up. God i hate incels

Literally never happened

yes. Also Jewish. Coincidence?
Correct. And what are studios looking for? That stable dumb boomer audience. That's why Leno ultimately won the late-night wars.
Headlines were actually chuckle-worthy on a regular basis. I miss watching them with my dad on Monday nights when I was a teenager.