/hor/ Horror General

Poughkeepsie Tapes Edition

Previously, on /hor/:

Attached: Eddy.webm (618x558, 2.94M)

Finally the best Halloween is coming to 4K

Attached: C9DE244A-034D-4E26-9C39-C86295278807.jpg (1136x1456, 370.98K)

Keep the Horror Harems coming

Attached: horror ladies.jpg (1398x2220, 2.78M)

rec me cheese like leprechaun 2, ice spiders

Alright some of you are showing up so I can finally post this:

Holy shit bros, this sequel was actually pretty kino. I can't believe they swept it under the rug to make Ringu 2 instead. I get that releasing it on the same day as Ringu was pretty retarded of them, but still.

It's genuinely one of the most satisfying sequels I've seen. It adds to the lore without ruining it. Not only that, but it was also taking the story in an interesting direction.
I can't help but think that that one SCP using symbols only (no text or picture) kind of ripped off Rasen, but maybe I'm stretching.

The sequel hook also got me hyped, but I don't know if that's what it really was or if they were telling the audience they should go to their nearest library to buy Loop to discover what happens next. Will post pic.
(Loop was released in January 98 just like the movies Ringu and Rasen were, it seems).

I haven't seen Ringu 2 but I bet it's gonna be pretty generic compared to Rasen.

Attached: Rasen (Spiral).jpg (607x859, 595.28K)

This really sucked.

Attached: last-shift[1].jpg (1080x1080, 197.75K)

So yeah, anybody knows if they were teasing a movie or telling people to buy the book, there?

Attached: 1651849038348.jpg (1920x1036, 321.06K)

Why do these independent restoration labels have such terrible box art?
Even the lowest budget horror movies from 40 years ago could get a proper artist to make good promotional artwork, but now this is what they settle for

Attached: 11488875-1634849559594190[1].jpg (1500x1500, 163.16K)

>picks sayoko over asami
Poor taste

Attached: 22626155-C4C1-4324-AAD2-562EC3631795.png (1280x720, 1.35M)

You do know you can switch out the art for the original poster, right? Arrow and Shout let you do that.

Wow, I tried to say otherwise but yea it's entirely forgettable except the ending twist, and even that will rub a lot of people the wrong way. I think it was telegraphed ahead of time but I really don't remember.

>I haven't seen Ringu 2 but I bet it's gonna be pretty generic compared to Rasen

Ringu 2 is more of a horror movie in the vein of the first one. It has one or two really solid scare sequences that can contend with the original, and nice atmosphere. But it's way less ideas-driven than Rasen and the ending sucks.
Adapting Suzuki's books has always been a challenge, as general audiences don't really care for the high-concept side of Sadako. They just want to have her as a generic ghost and see her do her familiar party-piece. It's a tough conundrum.

Rasen is a pleb filter. Ringu 2 is fine, but its a much more by the numbers sequel. The Sadako 3D movies are technically in the Rasen timeline, but they're total shit, chock full of continuity errors, and really don't build on anything that came before them.

I bought Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever on a whim and I'm watching it right now. It's fucking terrible, and not in a "fun" way.

first one was bad

I watched the first one a bunch but it never really satisfied me. Just a really dumb story overall. The twist that there's no killer just an infection is kind of stupid honestly.

I know and I have, but that doesn't excuse it or explain what they're thinking with some of those designs. I'd be happy with original artwork if they could make something that looked good, had thought put into it, and fit the tone of the movie. Very few of theirs do.

There's a made for tv movie they made before the first ringu that sticks to the book plot pretty much completely, it's up on youtube with shitty vhs rip quality but might be of interest

rec me cheese

Attached: cheese.png (860x530, 41.56K)

That doesn't appear to be the book cover, though maybe the Japanese version was vastly different and google just refuses to show it to an English search.

That’s fair.

Yeah I was wondering about this movie. Which one did you prefer, personally? 95 or 98? (if you've seen both)

Weird films like Mad God?

Finally got around to watching Child's Play ('88)
It kinda left me cold - not as charismatic as Elm Street, not as gory and sleazy as F13, not as atmospheric as Halloween. Does the series find its feet as it goes on, or is the first one a pretty solid indication of what comes afterwards?
I think I may have been memed into thinking this was something way more diabolical than it is by its reputation- when I was growing up this movie was connected to all kinds of horrific real-life murders so I was probably expecting something more intense from what's just a decent absurd horror.

Attached: large_6r9MOdGpOpSTH4jCQemyhPOHbZn.jpg (400x600, 75.52K)

You got me to check GoodReads because I suddenly remembered they document that kinda stuff. Turns out it was basically an ad for the novel.

Attached: 1633522166697.png (1370x642, 414.8K)

It made me afraid of water for a moment when I was a little shit