We have many examples of Hollywood casting a different race to play a white comic book character. Starfire, Nick Fury...

We have many examples of Hollywood casting a different race to play a white comic book character. Starfire, Nick Fury, Heimdall, Baron Mordo, Lady Death in Sandman etc. The reason most often given for why this happens is, " We just chose the best actor for the role." Which obviously we know couldn't be true. Are there any instances where a white actor was chosen to play a black character because they happened to be, " the best actor for the role"? Or is this a one way street?

Attached: 1660163484727.jpg (602x903, 95.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

huffpost.com/entry/26-times-white-actors-played-people-of-color-and-no-one-really-gave-a-sht_n_56cf57e2e4b0bf0dab313ffc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, never. Imagine the outrage and REEEEEEs.

I hate niggers so fucking much, they literally aren't human

If the boots were purple too, you could see her tummy, and if her hair was straightened, I would have been fine with her design

huffpost.com/entry/26-times-white-actors-played-people-of-color-and-no-one-really-gave-a-sht_n_56cf57e2e4b0bf0dab313ffc

It happens all the time mate.

>Are there any instances where a white actor was chosen to play a black character

Attached: e3t9o.jpg (300x375, 23.75K)

Fury was black before casting
Literally the ultimate series was only fucking done because they wanted him to be played by 'snakes on da playne he boyuh muddafucka'

How many are these are from the 50s or it's Jews ?

Nevermind the accuracy to the character she just looks like a prostitute

Old movies who cares, there's a load about hispanic people who are basically 100% European being played by white people, fuck off 'hispanic' isn't a race, some are a stretch like cleopatra or fantasy characters like moses and noah

They got rid of that outfit and the wig pretty quickly, to be fair

>Are there any instances where a white actor was chosen to play a black character because they happened to be, " the best actor for the role"?
The Deep from The Boys was black in the comics

>Starfire
>White
>Nevermind the accuracy to the character she just looks like a prostitute
Her? Naw man.

Attached: 60-hot-pictures-of-starfire-from-dc-comics-best-of-comic-books-1[1].jpg (1200x630, 692.65K)

Literally none of those look like prostitutes. They look like swimsuit models.

Which one of those pictures is supposed to even remotely resemble OP's pic?

Attached: 55c6de97719fc22794d62ef23011018e833850be_hq[1].jpg (546x626, 44.45K)

>Christian Bale as Moses
>Russell Crowe as Noah

Attached: 1644001454261.png (225x271, 84.56K)

>Star fire
>white

Liam Neeson played Ra's al Ghul
Tom Hardy played Bane

You didn't give a shit.

What's your point? Cause she's not black either. The least they could've done is paint her orange, but no they chose to keep her black.

Attached: gamora.jpg (551x551, 31.58K)

I could see her as Brazilian or something

Well yeah it’s stupid to not paid her orange. Though this black lady really isn’t hot enough to play Starfire even if she was painted the right color

Starfire was based off some spic George Perez knew so I guess it should be a Latin-X playing the character but I doubt you could find one tall enough

>huffpost

>The least they could've done is paint her orange, but no they chose to keep her black.

I've forgotten almost everything about this series but I think she was 'discovering her powers' and she'd glow slightly orange and have the green eyes.

It's the same thing they did in mid-budget superhero shows like Smallville all the time. 'Hint at' the character's true form or what they might eventually look like. Painting someone's skin takes a long time in the makeup chair.

>"And I'm not Jewish"

I was watching Netflix's new "The sandman" show, episode 6 and this part took my by surprise, why would the writers go out of their way to have the character of Hob Gadling say something like that?
And why would they have him say something like that when he clearly presents the typical physical characteristics of a jew with his rat like appearance?
Confused, I looked up the actor that plays Hob and lo and behold, my instincts were right, a pure jew, not only that but he's the son of Ben Kingsley, not that it's so surprising considering jew nepotism in american media.
But then, another question arises, why would the showrunners have a jew actor interpret the role of a non-jew and have him spell out clearly for the audience that he's not, in fact, a jew?
Searching for an answer, a character comes to mind, it's Stormfront from the boys, in its film adaptation Stormfront was portrayed by another pure jewess, Klara Risinger, in a twist of irony, the showrunners of the boys had the white supremacist character portrayed by the enemy of all white people, a jew.
I always thought it was just one of the subtle ways for jews to have their vendetta on whites, having a white supremacist character portrayed by a jew, but I didn't realize until now that the real reason why the white supremacist, and the character clearly spelling is not a jew, are portrayed by jews.

It's subliminal conditioning.

You see, by having characters that are clearly not supposed to be jews (or outright saying they aren't) portrayed by the most jewish rat looking creature out there, you condition your audience into being unable to distinguish a jew from a human, when the audience is told that the rat is a person enough times, they will start to believe it.
If it talks like a person, it says is a person, it holds the belief of a person, surely this rat must be, in the eyes of the conditioned, a person.

Attached: Kj2FEFt.jpg (1793x971, 103.5K)

>And No One Really Gave A S**t
Half of those had people react negatively, the other half no one's ever heard of.

>Think blackface and yellowface are a thing of the past? Get ready to cringe.
So it's bad when white people play non-whites but completely fine for non-whites to steal white roles? Glad we're back to the hypocrisy.

How do you know nobody cared? In any case, those actors are visually much closer fits for the characters than going from James Gordon to black James Gordon, for example. It's not even in the same ballpark.
And two characters having their race changed in one series doesn't justify systematically replacing white characters in almost every

>Danish director Nicolas Winding Refn said he re-wrote the character of Irina to be a white character because he couldn't find a Latina actress he wanted to protect...?

>"I couldn't find any actress that would click with me personally," he told The Huffington Post. "I couldn't make a decision for some reason. I had all this talent in front of me and out of the blue I get a call from Carey because she wanted to meet me about doing a movie. She came by the house and she walked in and I realized, 'Oh my God, this is what I was looking for. I wanted to protect her' ... And I knew that was the Driver's motivation."

Based

Attached: 3458.png (897x854, 1.08M)

Never, the closest they got was making Asian people white and they lost their minds

Why is it whenever somebody says Starfire isn't white the poster count stays the same but most other posts raise the poster count? I'm starting to notice things.

>I'm starting to notice things
You're starting to believe.

Attached: 1660055042340542.jpg (1009x1024, 98.96K)

>How do you know nobody cared?

Because Any Forums always brings up the same old casting decisions especially when it comes to comic book characters, how being ___ is core to their identity.

Ra's al Ghul is an Arab and has the look. Bane is a lucha libre type guy. Yet their performances are praised, with barely any press bringing up the race switching to white actors.

Nolan did exactly the thing you people pretend 'never happens', and it goes unsaid all the time.

>Ra's al Ghul is an Arab and has the look. Bane is a lucha libre type guy. Yet their performances are praised, with barely any press bringing up the race switching to white actors.
They're not lol, they were both ridiculous

Attached: 989.gif (354x200, 1.26M)

Genghis Khan was played by a white man

Attached: 34c6ac_53134ee5cee047d0a83e2f4a0a395502[1].jpg (616x308, 39.12K)

>Ra's al Ghul is an Arab and has the look. Bane is a lucha libre type guy. Yet their performances are praised

Who the fuck has ever praised Ra's al Ghul and Bane? The first was literally forgotten the moment the movie came out and the second is an endless source of parodies.