Character is having a cookout with friends discussing mundane topics

>character is having a cookout with friends discussing mundane topics
>this is used to show how boring, empty, and soulless the characters life is

Attached: b57.jpg (618x597, 144.1K)

>staring into the distance
>WOAH BUDDY DON'T BURN THEM

better call saul season 6 episode 12

I miss grill and drinking with my friends every weekend..

This is the sort of shit that leads to women thinking they need to spend every weekend getting gang fucked by a pack of niggers, but honestly its more sinister since its not so blatant in its messaging.
>NOOOOO I CANT LISTEN TO BECKY ASK ABOUT MY POTATO SALAD RECIPE THAT MEANS MY LIFE IS TOO BORING AND HAS NO MEANING
>THE ONLY WAY MY LIFE IS FUN AND HAS MEANING IS IF DAYQUAN, JAMAL, AND HIS GANG ARE BLOWING MY PUSSY OUT

>character has a nice, stable job in an office
>water cooler talk is played off as some nightmarish scenario

Is this true? I worked in a restaurant for 4 years and that was hell, but you only ever see office jobs portrayed as a huge pain.

Attached: 1658902450916741.png (636x718, 192.04K)

The second lifestyle is probably more exciting desu

You wouldn't fuck women all the time if you could, incel?

Yeah I never understood this. I always enjoy throwing some burgers on the grill and discussing custom loops with my buddies while having some beers/smoking cigars.Yet according to films and television shows this is a soulless NPC existence.

>getting all your holes blown out by a pack of niggers is more fun than having the company of people you care about
Also where in my first scenario are you not having sex? You know sex can still feel good if you arent air tight right degen?

Not him but
>You wouldn't fuck women all the time if you could, incel?
Maybe when I was a teenager, but I'm good with once every few days now. It's not hard to get laid as much as you want in the Tinder era, anyway.

because films and TV are in direct competition with friendship, if you and your buddies take the boat out to the lake, that's an entire 8 hours where you don't consoooooom.
Notice also that they portray personal hobbies like miniature trains or birdwatching as pathetic and gross.

This. Office jobs look very comfy to me desu.

This is actually a good post. Literally every film where a character has a hobby, that character is portrayed as a weirdo

Thing is they have sex with multiple "dangerous" "exciting" "high value" males

It's like if you got to plow your fetish girls (gamer goth or whatever shit you fantasize about) every week

Well good for you. That's why women do it too

>watch 90's or 00's workplace comedy
>it portrays cubicles as the worst thing to ever exist
>remember that in the '10s they removed cubicles altogether, forced workers to perform on a longhaus table, and encouraged them to spy on one another so the little moments of peace in cubicles like a cheeky game of tetris, would come to an end

last episode of BCS did this

this fucking trope is so overplayed, I mean go do meth with hobos or something if you want your life to be exciting

they're not, trust me

>this is used to show how boring, empty, and soulless the characters life is
I've never seen this type of scene try to imply this. Are you projecting because you're a worthless frogposting avatarfag?
Usually those type of scenes romanticise the simple comfortable lives everyone wants before having to get thrown in the petty conflicts and drama that plague the characters.

Mad Men is basically this extended over an entire show.

I used to be an autist that was annoyed when every normie would immediately launch into chit chat about weather and traffic, too. Adulthood is finally realizing why boring small talk exists. You'll get there user

Attached: 1658240154065225.gif (500x329, 521.43K)

this is secretly a Better Call Saul thread. they did something like this last episode.

Get help

>Adulthood is finally realizing why boring small talk exists.
qrd?

Attached: zoomie.jpg (340x630, 138.05K)

I bet the key feature of the scene was the negative depiction of the people at the cookout, rather than the event itself.

No, the character who's supposed to be miserable is miserable because she's spent close to a decade agonizing over getting an innocent man murdered by accident.

you'd be incorrect. i'm sure you think you've seen so much tv you can write it, but it turns out you've actually just wasted your life

>literally brings up BBC without any relevance
OBSESSED