What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: 297187673_5418704241547960_2377418754268199979_n.jpg (1920x2252, 746.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=511HV5Vb5vI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

they realized audiences don't care about it and they can cheap out

Money laundering

misogyny, white supremacy and climate change, obviously.

that Dr. Strange ending probably got re-written and refilmed and re-animated a dozen different times and She-Hulk is a 9 ep tv show

Indians

Left is mocap right is

Attached: 1659202535796.jpg (810x540, 80.59K)

fpbp. consumer standards have been systematically lowered over time

back then they were proving cgi is a viable thing and put massive efforts into it. nowadays zoomers grow up with youtube & tiktok cgi so even cheap movie cgi looks great to them.

Just turn off your brain?

Davy Jones mocap was so fucking good. Also he was part of the only non-cringeworthy disney couple.
youtube.com/watch?v=511HV5Vb5vI

Those Marvel movies are just like conveyor belts of CG slop. Dead Mam's Chest were tentpole CG-laden live action movies, sort of like the next stage of the craft that really took off in the 90's. A lot of people point out how a lot of scenes in Jurassic Park and Terminator 2 look better than most capeshit, too.

Dead Man's Chest and Avatar* that is

Marvel flicks are rushed out really fast. They give the CGI monkeys like 2 weeks to do everything.

The face isn’t mocaped, i’d suspect a lot of davy jones is hand animated

Quantity over quality

Attached: Screenshot_2022-08-08-07-24-25-76_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg (1080x1337, 397.19K)

Marvel is known for treating their VFX companies like shit and routinely telling them to change course at the last minute. James Cameron would never do that. He has too much respect for the craft.

yeah but james has power. he can tell disney to fuck off and put 2 years more effort into avatar. meanwhile disney tells mcu directors what to do and get it out in 2 months.

do the pirates films hold up today? I haven't seen them in ages

Of course, but that's just it, right. These Marvel films are basically fast food cinema. Frankly it's shocking they don't look worse a lot of the time.

it has better cgi than recent capeshit films

a lot of bad cgi for me is because the color/contrast is wrong. is it really that difficult to change some values so it matches the shot?

Really why did marvel nerds complain so much about the She-Hulk cgi? Their cgi have been ass for a decade ans its not even the wors thing they put out

They rush the animators and don't pay them enough

here's your cgi bro

Attached: actual real cgi in a movie.webm (1920x804, 2.78M)

Producers some times ago decided to save some money due to non-payment royalties for major cgi studious. They went bankrupt. There are around 1000 studious outside the US and for movie such as bladerunner most of them should be involved. Capeshit creators do not want to wait in the line.

Pirates 3 was a $300 million blockbuster. She-Hulk is a TV show.

I only ever found the first one tolerable
Rewatch a better movie like Master & Commander

In terms of effects, I'd say the first three still look great. The Black Pearl's crew looks pretty cartoony by modern standards, Davy Jones and the crew of the Dutchman fare better. And of course, in terms of pure practical effects it's probably one of the last true blockbusting franchises to really utilize its budget in that department.

As films I'd say they're about as fun as you'll recall. CoTB will always be the best; DMC is a fun if not awkwardly paced movie with random conveniences thrown in for the plot, AWD is pretty fucking chaotic that's only really worth watching if you're just a fan of that series and those characters. It was really supposed to be the ending of what was once a trilogy, anyway.

Attached: ba75c8239cc0d4d66e2250a366b2c5ba.jpg (315x337, 17.83K)

what about this then?

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_4CHANNEL.ORG_Temp_Saved Images_.png (597x680, 359.68K)