What happened, Disney?

youtube.com/watch?v=-NP-RsRGzVo
is just a song from what was considered to be one of Disney's shittier movies
youtube.com/watch?v=Yp5nPGWWMh4
is basically a massive exposition dump in shitty pop music form.
What changed? genuinely curious

Attached: p_encanto_homeent_22359_4892ae1c.jpg (540x810, 232.88K)

The people who run Disney have no soul. It’s been that way for a while. While Disney has been ran by Jews for a while they still had people with soul working on their movies until they got rid of them in the 2000s

Dont they still have the boomer guys work as advisors/consultants or something?
Don't they tell what things are stupid

Encanto has a lot of characters so they need to introduce them early, hunchback has basically 4

I hate to say it but I'd watch Encanto over Hunchback of Notre Dame any fucking day, that movie is absolute boring bullshit and it's even worse for kids. Disney had no idea what it was doing for a while after the early 90's.

"People" like this happened to Disney.

Most of the characters introduced in the song aren't even that integral to the plot if at all. It's just useless clutter.
Even forgetting that, there's gotta be a better way to introduce then than just cramming it down people's ears.

Attached: 1659285720509640.jpg (468x494, 42.23K)

Literally nothing happens in this movie. The main quest is “go say sorry to your sister in her room”. Wow, freaking epic man!

I picked huntch because it is considered to be one of the bad ones.
Like if the music from their bad movies are just this much better compared to Encanto's opening song, than I think it says a lot already about the state of Disney

As long as it makes them money they don’t care

My college roommate Elana worked on the animation of this film. Shes awesome and very smart, she got a degree in mechanical engineering and did all of the flower "magic" animation.
Shes also extremely jewish and only hung out with kids from hilel. She would only date other jewish boys and is currently dating an investment banker and living in lower manhattan. I was friends when we lived together but i wasnt allowed to hang out with her jewish friends or go to her jewish social events or join her jewish clubs because i was not jewish. They would tolerate my presence when she brought her friends to our dorm but i was never welcome as one of them.

They didn't like you because you are a tranny, user.

What's a white woman doing working on a BIPOC film?

Kek nope fuck trannies just a wash u chem e

Attached: 1606368550148.jpg (1000x1000, 95.82K)

Shes actually smart
Like fluid mech modeling smart

Attached: 1659099087655917.jpg (640x428, 68.57K)

This movie and song was good, seethe harder chuds

Honestly this. The movies are for kids. Most kids are not interested in some pseudo italian opera. Just because it has violins, doesn't make it good or musically complex.
>is basically a massive exposition dump in shitty pop music form.
This is unironically superior. Musicals get so tiresome when the song is just "I'm so sad" for 3 minutes, or recapping what the audience just saw. The viewers, especially kids, get that "yes the character is sad" and are just waiting for the song to be over.
It is painful to watch a musical when the music constantly interrupts the story. The music in good musicals tell part of the story.

>Establishing the plot in the form of a song in a children's movie is... le bad
Yeah the songs shouldn't move the plot along, establish character relations, or conflict. They should be about nothing relating to the movie

Fun fact, when modeling stars in galaxies, there are so many that the math is largely based on fluid mechanics

Attached: FrigidOffbeatKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif (920x518, 3.9M)

Hellfire is absolutely related to the plot and build character wtf are you talking about.
If anything the Ecanto song is the one thay does absolutely nothing by just expo dumping information which most of it are useless anyway. Whatever character emotion that was in the opening song is just buried by all that and the melody doesn't even reflect that emotion

Attached: 1659321801532422.jpg (408x450, 26.81K)

Hunchback has always been one of my favorite disney movies, but you have to admit many of the songs are skippable if not grating. Encanto basically progresses the plot exclusively through songs that are chained together tightly. I doubt there's more than 10 minutes between songs and all of them are at least okay and relevant to the plot

Eh. Hellfire is an amazing song, one of the best. The movie as a whole is mediocre because they adapted an adult-oriented story and marketed it for kids. I don't understand why they decided to do that. Kids literally can't understand a character like Frollo, as they haven't experienced sexual lust yet. I would say, if they had tweaked it a bit, made it more mature and gotten rid of the silly bits, it would've been pure kino for adults. Instead we get all the silly bullshit adults find tiresome, but also the mature themes kids won't understand. Just a weird decision and tonally off.

Encanto is superior in that it is targeted for children and full of content they will understand. But as an adult, I don't like it much and prefer the hunchback, which has more complex themes.

>progresses the plot exclusively through songs that are chained together tightly.
And this is a good thing?
This is shitty narrative design 101, things that just exist to move on the plot.
There's a reason why most older Disney songs are about character moments and emotion rather than just expository information. Because it's just not memorable.
Even that Bruno song is just information. It's putely about external info about who is Bruno and the things he did.
If there is any emotion attached to it like dead or fear, the melody doesn't even attempt to match that emotion at all.
What you have is just a pop song that has boring exposition in it to move the plot along.

Attached: 1656835214936.gif (215x220, 2M)