David Zaslav kills another DC project

Kevin Smith revealed that Greg Berlanti had a project called STRANGE ADVENTURES that was going to cost HBO Max 16-20 million per episode. Zaslav cancelled it.

Attached: 1657833032491.png (960x500, 633.14K)

the penguin show was also canceled

>In October 2019, HBO Max announced that they were developing a Green Lantern TV series, which got picked up to series a year later for a 10-episode order. However, HBO Max also unveiled that they were developing a DC anthology series, Strange Adventures, also executive produced by Arrowverse's Greg Berlanti. The 1-hour drama was set to "feature characters from across the DC canon," and would use each episode to "explore close-ended morality tales about the intersecting lives of mortals and superhumans."

>After no updates about Strange Adventures for years, Smith has revealed some surprising details. In the latest edition of Smith's Hollywood Babble-On, the filmmaker revealed that he, along with Supergirl writer Eric Carrasco, had been working on an episode together of Strange Adventures. Their episode would have focused on Jimmy Olsen and Perry White being taken by Bizarro to Bizarro World, with Smith set to direct the Strange Adventures installment. However, amid Warner Bros. Discovery's cancellations, Smith confirmed that Strange Adventures has been canceled and will not be going forward on HBO Max, sharing the following:

>"It feels like what was once, to me, a promising future of we are going to see a bunch of DC stuff on HBO Max; MORE DC stuff than we would see theatrically, including shit like Strange Adventures...gone! All of it is just f---king gone now. I got a call the other day from Eric before all of this story broke and he was just like "Strange Adventures is officially dead," and I was like "What the f--k, are you serious?!" I know we haven't heard from them for a while, but I guess this goes in parts with the new moves with David Zaslav. But God lord, I thought Strange Adventures being a causality kind of made sense to me. Nobody necessarily knows these characters, it sounded like an expensive show."

WB knew they were eventually going to be cut to pieces by Zaslav so they spent the last few years burning as much money as possible. It was a last ditch attempt to fill their pockets before they inevitably got fired. JJ Abrams took a large 250 mil check for projects he never even bothered working on. Its not hard to make these films. The comic books are right there. Writing 90% of comic book scripts takes a week of discussion max. The story is done, the location, cast, set pieces are all planned out. The only things that aren't known in that first week are the filler dialogue scenes. It's so fucking easy because people already spent decades writing it for you in the comics. Let's say it takes some time to do the auditions and get everything ready, it's max 6 months. Even if it takes 12 months to film it and another 6 for post production that's 2 years at the very most to get this shit ready.

WB has released OC films from scratch with zero source material and/or vfx heavy films before in less time from start to finish. They could have released as many films and TV series as marvel if they WANTED to. But they didn't. It was just a cash grab. Now that Zaslav has axed them all we will start seeing DC projects coming out as part of the Pattinson universe by 2025 max.

Zaslav is literally saving DC

good comment

Would Deadshot have shown up to smack Jimmy Olsen?

Attached: will smith slap mango shpff 1648454494607.jpg (471x302, 70.19K)

Pretty much Warners had a bank run for all their buddies to get paychecks before the new bosses actually held people accountable.
They knew most of these projects would never see the light of day, but they wanted to give themselves and their buddies a big payout.
What a fucking scam.

Attached: Bank_Run_on_American_Union_Bank.jpg (1200x959, 279.53K)

I honestly don't know if he is any better than the previous idiots running the show, but it is certainly a new chapter.

Attached: warner_bros_chilly_summer_illo.jpg (300x450, 46.63K)

the irony that he became everything he got popular making fun of will never not be funny to me

>Now that Zaslav has axed them all we will start seeing DC projects coming out as part of the Pattinson universe by 2025 max.
You're going to get a rude awakening. The Matt Reeves' Penguin series has been cancelled too.

>Zaslav is the CEO of Discovery who prefers reality tv shows due to their fast and cheap production
so expect less Batman and more of this

Attached: 5715c480c9f55938b5350745c8a2ef41a22e35b21a0a0ce084bccd1a254cf6d2._SX1080_.jpg (1080x608, 44.6K)

good

The Green Lantern series is also dead.

Attached: 1652224824518.png (790x576, 529.7K)

Attached: 1651867035543.png (740x780, 661.84K)

Hopefully they have someone who's not a retard doing Feige's job. It's all temporary anyways, eventually leftist infiltration will happen and ruin it. I just hope it doesn't happen until they have a good run.
Thanks user
Now we might never get Henry Cavill back as Superman again. Sure he can't act but if he was pointed in the right direction he could have been the best Superman with the right script. More wholesome, less brooding.
That was never going to happen. Such a dumb idea. Some of Reeves' ideas are really stupid like his Joker scene. Unless it was a grounded crime drama like the Sopranos it wouldn't work. Maybe showing the penguin's origins, adding more of the Gotham crime lore into it, show his rise to the top which is inevitable before his collapse because of someone lime Black Mask in a far later season, maybe even a redemption arc. It's possibly the best crime drama ever, I just made this up rn, but do I think they'll do it? No. That's why I'm kinda hoping it gets scrapped.
Always has been

>praising penny pinching money grubbing evil ceo

>Now we might never get Henry Cavill back as Superman again. Sure he can't act but if he was pointed in the right direction he could have been the best Superman with the right script. More wholesome, less brooding.
Sadly, I think it's a poisoned well. He had his chance and Snyder ruined it. As much of a clusterfuck as Whedon's remake of Justice League was, it dumped that stupid stupid Miracleman level brooding bullshit.
I think both Affleck and Cavill were robbed of being some of the best versions of those characters.

Attached: Man of Steel 1377872954763 copy.jpg (812x1200, 271.04K)

this. TLC trash isnt better than "woke" its mostly the same shit.

I know. It's going from one extreme to another. You had Warners greenlighting too much such and throwing shit on the wall. They were wasting money left and right on projects with no direction or cohesion.
Now we might have the other extreme of pennypinching and studio micromanagement.
Though, to be fair, it seems like Warners had plenty of micromanagement before the Discovery merger. It was just a bunch of producers and studio heads butting heads and doing their own thing with different properties.

Attached: Warner Bros plans the DCEU.jpg (480x640, 60.58K)

There are no heroes in this tale.

They're going to make a Strange Adventure series? Well even though I love the series if it was made in todays entertainment industry it's for the better I mean look at what they did to my boy Doom Patrol.