Alright I watched it.
Pros
>cool to see the predator in a historical setting finally
>hunter motif is carried over from previous films
>way the predator is killed by its own helmet was neat

Cons
>cgi sucks, bad
>the team spirit and friendship of the previous films is gone
>sexism angle against the predator seems dumb considering in predator 2 and predators the aliens are more than willing to fight women (and it only stops in 2 due to the woman being pregnant)
>adding the pistol from predator 2 in seems dumb and pointless
Overall was weaker than I thought it would be and I think this is at the bottom of the predator movies I've seen and I'm disappointed because it had the potential to be really good with its unique setting.

Attached: prey-movie-poster.jpg (540x800, 74.31K)

Al it needs to do is be better than The Predator

It's still better than Predators and The predator. I dont even enjoy say this shit but it's the truth.
Pred1=8.5
Predator2=7.0
Prey=5.5
Predators=4.5
The Predator=.5

Pocahontas effortlessly yoinking the predator's fang/teeth whatever that is and stabbing him with it ruined the whole moov.

I may be a brainlet so explain this to me: did the predator forget his mask was not on or what? If the bolt gun always shoots where the helmet is pointing, and the mask is just laying around somewhere, then wouldn't his bolts just go in random directions anyway and not hit Naru?

should i watch the previous predator vs x films to enjoy this one? she's cute.

nah

>It's still better than Predators
Disagree. Predators had better affects and while the team element was weaker it was still kinda there. As such better than prey for me

The predator was retarded in this movie it seems. He also acted like an idiot without his helmet and wanted it back quick

Your also 17 years old so maybe grow up kid

I watched it to kill some early morning time and was well entertained considering that it's just some science-fantasy action flick.

You just need to watch Alien,Aliens,Predator,Predator2 and Prey.
those are the only good things out of these now whored out franchises.

Games can vary in quality you can play AVP1,2. Predator concrete jungle, Alien:Isolation

Alien, Prometheus and Alien Covenant are the only real alien movies, the rest is fanfic.

Just finished watching it myself.

Was a shiteload better than "autism is the future of the human race" The Predator 2018 movie. I think Prey is up there with the 2011 film which I thought was great.

Was the Predator in Prey one of the super predators from the 2011 movie? Kinda looked like it. I remember there being 2 types of Predator there.

Predator>P2>>>Predators>>>>>>dogshit>>>>Prey>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Predator

cant be, prey takes place in 1700s and predators takes place current day. and yknow he uh died

These are my ratings, my word is law, do not argue or disagree with me:

Predator 1 = 9
Predator 2 = 8
AvP 1 = 7
AvP 2 = 6
Predators = 8.5
The Predator = 3
Prey = 8.5

user I don't mean is it that specific fucking predator... I mean is it one of those larger subspecies of Yautja or whatever they're called.

Really great idea with bad execution. I don’t think Hollywood has a single decent writer anymore. This entire movie can be summed up by the lead girl making absolutely terrible decisions.
If the girl doesn’t go looking for the Predator then everyone wouldn’t have been killed. The Predator would have found the Frenchmen and battled with those guys. Then after that, he’d just leave.

The entire plot is literally her creating problems.

oh yea probably idk maybe they had super predators in the 1700s but probably not since their tech wasnt as advanced back then

>Movie is bad because the plot happens

>character never makes any bad decisions
>MARY SUE MARY SUE
>character is flawed and makes mistakes
>wtf why is this character flawed? Writing bad

>super warrior alien race
>doesn't just seek out giant bears to fight all the time
>instead pretends its a challenge to butcher antique furtrappers with its magnetic spears and homing lasers

I don't get it. If their mission is to seek the best and be the best why not just hunt down every grizzly they see since that was clearly a hard fight for them.

Avp2 > avp1

Predator 2 is bad and I have no idea why people here are constantly trying to convince me it's as good as the first one
The finale is great but 1% of a movie doesn"t magically turn the 99% shit into gold

Attached: 1618233832662.jpg (1005x662, 49.48K)

Why is it bad?

The first time we see the bolt thing it shows the predator manually aiming where all three bolts will go instead of using the regular default grouping, so it must have known how it worked. Maybe the gunshot to the head gave it permanent brain damage.

>fistfights a bear
>still has to cheat
They like hunting and trophies. Honor and challenge seem to be secondhand and is a franchise staple theme.

he was heavily wounded by almost every group or animal by this point and yea taking a gunshot to the back of the head point blank

Predators is much better right behind original predator. Its a nice homage to original that kept the same story direction but deviated a plot enough to feel fresh and open new questions about franchises world. Only real sequel. Prey is just garbage like the rest of the movies in this franchise.