Paramount Global Predicts Streaming Loss Of $1.8 Billion In 2022

Paramount Global Predicts Streaming Loss Of $1.8 Billion In 2022

deadline.com/2022/08/paramount-global-earnigns-paramount-streaming-content-spending-1235084972/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Attached: Paramount-Plus-Logo-.jpg (1280x960, 66.85K)

I don’t understand how any of these studios could fathom the immense loss of inherent value their companies would face allowing consumers to access their entire library of movies all at once, for one low price. They just followed Netflix’s lead who drive everyone into the ground with them.

they didn't anticipate that people would just pay for a month or two to watch what they want, then cancel to subscribe to a different service to do the same thing

reddit has been having a meltdown this week due to all the announcements regarding the dismantling of HBO Max
Max's downfall and Paramount+'s issues seemed fucking obvious from the start, vast overspend on new content and a strategy that devalues their IP and older content
WB particularly fucked up this way, putting their entire 2021 film slate on HBO Max for no added cost devalued the fuck out of their tentpole projects and is a big reason why their movies have continued to underperform in 2022
the big outlier is Disney
out of all the studios they've historically been the most protective of their back catalog, having limited release windows for home media and rarely putting anything on sale which maintains their IP as ultra-premium
now that virtually their entire catalog is on D+ and they keep putting their theatrical animated movies up for free, how have they not experienced the same devaluation that Warner Bros and Paramount have?

Attached: IMG_4361.jpg (529x502, 51.86K)

I would pay for Paramount+ because I have a lot of disposable income but I refuse just based on what they’ve done to Star Trek. They can suck a quarter out of my ass.

>how have they not experienced the same devaluation that Warner Bros and Paramount have?
They have, they’re just at lying about it to shareholders.

>Streaming Loss Of $1.8 Billion In 2022
And yet that won't stop them from making more seasons of STD and Upper Deckers.

Attached: 1618865722932.png (818x560, 623.04K)

who cares, these assholes just get bailed out by the government if they're really fucked. there's no risk for these huge companies when they basically run the world

Disney has experienced the same devaluation, take a look at their stock prices lmao, they are down over a 100 dollars a share since last year

The oversaturation of the streaming market ended up killing all of them as now the market is spread thin and people will only have one, maybe two subscriptions, not all of them.

They literally have 1 good show.

Attached: attachment-BB_Do_The_Universe_01HL5SEHRE.jpg (1602x1067, 360.99K)

Multitude of factors. COVID policies raped their parks, no one wants to spend 2000 dollars for their family to stand around under the hot fucking Florida sun in masks. Bad bad public opinion with the tranny and woke shit and them saying well we are just gonna lobby (pay off politicians) to keep putting the shit in! Didn't sit well. Tons of shit man, take your pick. That galaxy's edge park lost a bunch. Capeshit fatigue is in full effect and they keep throwing money at it thinking shit will stick.

okay now where the FUCK is that homo claiming paramount was doing FANTASTIC and the Halo series was a huge success?
I want his head.

>Capeshit fatigue is in full effect and they keep throwing money at it thinking shit will stick
this is a big one. lots of people balked at the size of the phase 3 lineup, the more one-off characters didn't do so great, but they keep on pushing it further

What, is it not believable that a crew of 4 blacks, 2 faggots, 2 trannies, a disabled woman, and a fat woman saved the galaxy multiple times?

I paid an annual subscription for Disney+ and I feel it's been worth it
used a loophole with Paramount's betting website to wrangle an 18 month Paramount+ sub from them for $25, I've enjoyed it but it expires this month and I don't think I'd like the service at $15 a month
only reason I had HBO was through a parent's cable sub and they cut the cord so that's gone.
I could see myself paying $70-80 yearly for some of these services. Not $100 and sure as shit not $150.

I pay for Paramount+ specifically because of the new Star Trek shows like Lower Decks and Strange New Worlds.

It has fewer shows than the others but some are of really good quality like 1883 and The Offer. The "Are you afraid of the dark" reboot is not bad either. I hope the service survives long enough to grow a little more.

>used a loophole with Paramount's betting website to wrangle an 18 month Paramount+ sub from them for $25
i got 12 months for 86cents. Wasnt a loophole but straight up promotion

mine was a similar 12 month promotion if you signed up on their betting site
the loophole was if you immediately went to cancel, they'd auto add an extra 6 months to the P+ sub to get you to stay
looks like the ad-supported sub is like $5.99 monthly and the ad-free one with live sports is $9.99. a bit more palatable for paying during football season but again, a $70-90 lump sum annual sub is my sweet spot

These companies did it to themselves when they started pulling from centralized streaming platforms. They saw a succesful business model and their jew mind went "oh I want that" but they never stopped to think that no ones wants to have to pay for dozens of streaming services all with their own bills, I want everything all the movies and series in one place.

B-but… they are all in one place.
Think user, THINK!

Told you streaming wasn’t the future, the problem was splitting off from one big place(Netflix) for streaming content themselves like it was cable. Imagine if cable started making a comeback

We need Zombie Ford in the White House.

Attached: ford-to-city-drop-dead.jpg (1200x677, 161.66K)

>imagine if cable started making a comeback
it already has
several of the streamers like Paramount+ have introduced virtual "channels" where they have a continuous set lineup of content playing
there's a Star Trek channel, a sports news channel, a SpongeBob channel, etc
you can turn on the Trek channel and it starts playing whatever movie or episode is currently in progress
I've been saying for YEARS that Netflix needed this feature, continuous streams airing nothing but Friends or The Office or Netflix comedy specials, that would sure as shit cut down on browsing through the menu for an hour struggling to decide what episode to watch
Imagine if ESPN+ had a continuous stream of old boxing and UFC fights, or nothing but old Formula 1
fuck, imagine NFL letting you watch a constant stream of classic games featuring your preferred team
I can't believe more companies haven't done this

Attached: 1564690396907.jpg (750x750, 71.51K)