Prisoners (2013)

>Prisoners (2013)
>Enemy (2013)
>Sicario (2015)
>Arrival (2016)
>Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Are there any other directors that produced so much kino in such a short amount of time? Even if you don't like all of the movies listed, it's still madly impressive that he made 5 quality films in the span of 4 years.

Attached: dv.jpg (670x900, 133.15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O_yKD-ZQgkY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He is going to ruin one of my favorite books by inserting unnecessary gay drama, I just know it.
Or use Zendaya somehow.

Enemy is still his best work. Sarah Gadon is an angel.

Attached: Sarah Gadon Denis Villeneuve .jpg (1500x2254, 314.54K)

denis sucks and you’re so fucking dishonest. you are SHIT. there clowns eating baconaters in the fucking basement right now and you’re telling me that somehow they’re in the wrong?

>>Sicario
>>Arrival
Out of these three that I've seen Sicario is the only one I'd call good. Not great, but good. Arrival and 2049 were terrible.
Only thing I can say about Enemy is the ending seems like an asspull, but I don't have a lot of context of the movie as a whole.

>zendaya

user.... hes already used her in dune

I've still yet to see DUNC. I've never read any of the books and just don't have much interest in it. How faithful was it to the book?

If I don't like these movies then he didn't produce kino. So fuck off. Also Fincher.

None of those are art. He's just repeating cliches, going through steps, making shit so generic and uninspired it looks like a parody.

I have no idea because I've never read the book either, but I can tell you as a film it was garbage. I'd rather watch ice cream melt on the sidewalk than rewatch Dune, let alone a fucking Part Two.

It's terrible
youtu.be/O_yKD-ZQgkY

Attached: 1596382696862.jpg (1272x1208, 372.61K)

Im talking about Rendezvous with Rama
Dune is gay

>Are there any other directors that produced so much kino in such a short amount of time?
kurosawa and it's not even close

He should have cast Gadon as Irulan in Dune 2, she'd be perfect.

Attached: Zendaya Sarah Gadon.jpg (4076x3009, 1.1M)

These are all kino besides Enemy that movie fucking sucked and I say this as someone who is in love with Jake Gyllenhaal

Based casting choice. Gadon would be a perfect Irulan.

Attached: Sarah Gadon Venice 2021.jpg (1423x1364, 294.18K)

To accept Villeneuve as a quality director is to garb yourself in a coat of hot pockets and video games and then writhe around on the ground in a supermarket while screeching and slapping yourself on the sides of your head. He is cheeto dust. Nothing more. Nothing more than a hack, a useful tool for studios to trot out to say "Hey, we're making art house!" I cannot wrap my head around the adulation he receives, let alone the wide praise this has got. The film trudges from set piece to set piece, leaves us no real questions or anything to think about really. The same bullet that kills a capeshit fan will also kill the Villeneuve and Paul Thomas Anderson fan. They come from the same root, from the same doritos stained console. They are frauds, and as a warrior of cinema it's my duty to expose the fakes and the inauthentic when I see them. I will fight with crawls and teeth until the last imposter is fallen to the ground I have about as much respect for denis villeneuve as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hot pocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it. Imagine sitting next to an Villeneuve fan. The smell as he rubs the cheeto dust into his body in preparation for viewing his "based" movie. The flutter of his fedora as he tips ecstatically as Deakins pans shots in great numbers like one of his video game cutscenes. The sound of him vibrating at the hot pocket resonance every time "based" meme actor is on screen. It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is tarantino. It is imdb. It is coca-cola puberty. it is axe body spray. it is a white stain on boxer shorts. it is arri alexa hot dog caffeine on disney channel.

He had a nice streak going, but it ended with DUNC which was dogshit

too old. but it is a better choice than Pugh.

Holy kek

You left out his best and most honest film: Polytechnique