So,did he do it ?

so,did he do it ?

Attached: MV5BMTk5ODYyMTcwN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDIyNDI0NjM@._V1_.jpg (920x1380, 65.6K)

Do you mean the protagonist or the antagonist?
Either way the answer is yes.

no, the last act is all in his head

>Asian film about offscreen murder ends with a mirror murder onscreen
Why is this every film

>Asian film about offscreen murder ends with a mirror murder onscreen
What other Asian film does this happen in?

Foreshadowing is more accurate, but
>infernal affairs
>handmaiden
>old boy
>parasite

no it's the whole point of this it was in his head

Yea it’s a story written by the main character

It's totally ambiguous which is what makes the movie so great for me.

Attached: gadonfashion.png (806x536, 642.55K)

you can't prove it based on the information presented, but him being innocent would require way too many plot contrivances to be believable

it's ambiguous on purpose but implied that Ben didn't kill the girl but helped her start a new life. so the protagonist murdered an innocent man due to envy and resentment.

Not just the last act.

>which cat?
The entire film is in his head.

This is basically the whole point. Ben is a weirdo rich kid but there’s no evidence he killed her. At the end of the movie we see him with another girl putting makeup on her, and in his bathroom Jong-su finds Hae-mi’s jewelry. He probably gave her a new life

What if, now bear with me here, what if the "greenhouses" he burned as his hobby weren't really greenhouses AT ALL, but were in fact a metaphor for the desperate, aspiring young women from poor backgrounds who he toyed with romantically and socially for amusement before ultimately throwing away, perhaps even pushing some of them to suicide?

Attached: 1651566768264.gif (220x210, 75.62K)

I really really didn't get it. Were we supposed to dislike the main character?

Yeah he inherited his dad's anger issues and culminated in committing murder.

Attached: burning.webm (948x392, 2.93M)

>hugs him before dying, almost as thanks for releasing him from a soulless life
Kino

They cast an american who can't speak Korean properly for Ben
It symbolizes America.

The entire film "happens" in the first 20 minutes. Everything after is in his head/writing. Hes a wannabe writer who just finished his military service. Hes unsure about what to write/do with his life. He runs into an old aquaintance. She is the stereotypical young woman driven to plastic surgery and shallow pursuits as a symptom of a hyper capitalist society, where the gulf between rural poverty and urban wealth is staggering. He conjures this fictional character out of thin air and either begins writing his story, or he is just imagining the whole thing.

The rich, super handsome and wordly "antagonist" represents a class of man (Chad), who the average Joe in Korea cant compete with. Women flock to these rich playboys in shallow/superficial pursuit of status and perpetuates the cultural devolution further. It is evident in many scenes how the protagonist is repulsed by her continual degradation and slipping into that "world" of jet setting arm candy. As interpreted, most things we see could be an elaborate metaphor/allegory for cultural/societal critique of "events" happening onscreen.

A scene at the end is a clear indication that its all in his head. He keeps feeding her cat throughout the film, because shes busy jet setting with Korean Chad (or dead). Then he goes to the apartment at the end and realize that the cat never existed.

This film is a master piece and left me with a long lasting impression. "Parasite" was the polar opposite. Unsubtle, preachy and overrated.

Obviously. You have to be really retarded to not pick up on it.

And yet here we are with 90% of posters talking about whether the protagonist killed the girl.

yes he did masturbate inside the girl's apartment while she was away. he didn't dream that but everything else was apparently a dream according to the retards here. tbqh I don't care because it's a forgettable movie about something I don't care about