Strong first 30 mins

>strong first 30 mins
>horrible outside the training sequence
>nonsensical writing with stupid characters
>ends with a fucking Disney advertisement
This is garbage

Attached: images (4) (2).jpg (452x678, 28.71K)

all i remember is that jelly donut

This was Roger Eberts review too.
Both of you are correct.

This movie was totally unrealistic. Why would any grown man take the abuse from that old boomer?

I’d knock his ass out in 5 seconds from when he started screaming in my face

Literally filtered by the Disney chant. It's ironic

>expect a war film to be about war
>instead ends with jerking off a megacorporation

I'd spin him on my fingertip and throw him through a concrete wall

Attached: 6b863fad-3f71-4307-b993-4307d6b215c0_screenshot.jpg (1128x480, 49.24K)

Sure, because showing that war reduces soldiers to an infantile state is totally a good advertisement to corporations that appeal to infantile entertainment.

Watch “The Boys in Company C.” It’s a far better movie on a platoon of Marines in ‘Nam and also starts with a stellar boot camp beginning.

Second half really ties the kino together.

The training is godlike and the first half in vietnam is pretty cool too.
Only the shootout sucks and goes on for way too long

Given Stanley's reputation as a perfectionist. I cant believe he used the take of cowboy getting shot and the blood pellet in his mouth not popping so he ends up dribbling all over himself instead.

>FIRST 30 MINUTES GOOD
>REST OF MOVIE BAD

Attached: 1636603332248.jpg (512x512, 35.08K)

so much shouting, more like Full Metal Racket

amazing that nearly everyone gets filtered by the second half of the movie decades later. How fucking retarded do you have to be to not be able to get the point of a vietnam film?

it was the 60s, people let everyone discipline their kids. even when their kids are adults. also a lot of them were drafted, so it's not like they could quit and go home

mfw this thread
It's a decent little flick, put it on to impress art hoes, but nothing that special

why would you strap bullets to your helmet

There's a magnet in the helmet so when someone tries to shoot him in the head the bullets just stick to the helmet instead.

>the point
the movie was pretty aimless. not bad but overall nothing special

It looks cool

The world needs doctors and ditch-diggers alike, user.