Sudden hate for film and TV

I just suddenly, overnight, lost all interest in film and TV. In my mind I despise all of the year spent on this "hobby", which is not a hobby at all, just something to pass the time.

It really is the bottom of the barrel activity. Just taking in some vision by some director and really not taking out of it anything, can't learn nothing. With books at least your vocabulary grows, with TV nothing. You learn experiences, but that's an excuse for a boring life.

I don't know, I just don't think I can watch a single film alever again. And to think I spent hours reading analysis about some vague artistic bullahit some retard thought he was clever.

Really hate myself for wasting so much time, when I could have done something else instead.

Anyone upvoting?

Attached: Dune_01.jpg (1000x667, 111.59K)

This but for everything in my life
I don't care about anything at all anymore, I just stay in my bedroom eating junk food
No friends, my family is saddened by my state

Read books.

was dune really that bad?

Yeah, you shouldn't study it, if you don't plan to make film. Just be entertained for a couple hours a week, retard.

studying is just an excuse to justify spending so much time watching films

That’s because you only watch mainstream ultra-commercial shit.

If it's your only vice/unhealthy habit, and you can control it, why feel shame about it?

No, I only watch "art-house" shit... That's why the need for analyzing and watching hours of explanations and reading blogs from some retards who think they know better.

It's just entertainment, there's no substance about it. It takes 10000 hours to learn some skill proficiently. I probably spent 10000 hours watching and learning about film and have nothing to show for other than some pretentious knowledge about this media.

The preponderance of terrible movies and television series that have come out in the last 10 years made me realize that the novel will always be the truest and most pure medium of storytelling.

Attached: 71OZJsgZzQL.jpg (1400x2092, 169.2K)

Based OP. You're on the right path. You're waking up. Next steps are to start improving yourself physically and mentally. Begin working out and eating a healthy diet. Start feeding your mind with positive and beneficial material, things that will be of actual use to you either to grow socially, in business, or spiritually. Read philosophy.

A good all encompassing rule I've adopted: Only read the gold. I used to be over focused with reading what was popular, watching what was popular, playing what was popular. Over the years, especially the last 5-6 years, I have lost almost all interest in games/movies/tv, and even reading popular fiction. I got rid of my entire Stephen King collection, as an example. I slowly realized he was an evil person, I have nothing in common with him, and the material in his books do not enrich me in any way whatsoever. They're meant to frighten and disturb you. I'm not feeding my mind his degenerate, evil, mental waste.

I haven't watched a single movie this entire year. I watched one episode of Better Call Saul. That's it as far as TV. I have better things to do with my time.

I only come on Any Forums to laugh at anons raging over the latest movie/tv show. There's some pretty funny threads on here.

Not OP but I'm done with everything because my wife watches only the most normie shit, and she watches it over and over again.

I've seen the fifth element nearly 20 times since last month. just fucking kill me/.

Attached: 1658887246824783.jpg (393x432, 67.15K)

Based. Second time I've seen that recommended today. I'll have to get around to reading it.

Should I join my local church, what you think?

Based wife. I've never a women who can appreciate Fifth Element.

It's entertainment if you treat it like such. If you were learning about film, and didn't make film, you're a retard.Which I know you are, cause I had to explain this for a second time and it should be common sense.

even if its entertainment and you spend so much on it without learning about it its still retarded

Are you calling everyone on Any Forums a retard?

same but with me it happened when i realized i'd never get my big break and be a TV actor

Which “art-house” directors were you watching?

Everybody loves complaining about boomers.
They were the first tv generation, not a coincidence.

yes everyone who watches series

user, I watched all the films.

There's nothing wrong with being entertained for a couple of hours a week. You sound like you're upset that you're a consoomer. Grow up.

>consoomer
elaborate pls

If you’re only watch “art-house” films you should at least be able to name some directors. Please enlighten us.

Why should I waste more of my time explaining some common knowledge to you, again? You're simply a retard that was always going to be upset with your choices.

Congratulations, you just made your first step in a wider world

To appreciate what you’re watching you should not only read blogs and watch youtube videos. You should read about the history of art, philosophy, politics, literature, etc. If you’re only watching movies and reading about them I would understand why you’re bored. Most of the cinephiles I know don’t read anything apart from film theory and that’s why they’re shallow and dumb people that get bored easily.

name your favorites

Your wife sounds like she has good taste if she watches the Fifth Element over and over again

This, I'm surprised you call it "normie"