How well does this translate outside of america?

How well does this translate outside of america?

Attached: kingofthehill.jpg (1600x1200, 437.88K)

Depends..
If it's in the UK or Australia I assume they wouldn't have to translate it but say somewhere in like China or Japan they'd need to translate it.

I'm sure every (at least white) country has rednecks from BUMFUCKNOWHERE like in KOTH

I'm italian and KOTH is my favorite show ever

the show has a nice balance of making fun of them but also making them endearing that it can be enjoyed by outsiders as well as Texans just fine imo
you can hate Texas and still enjoy this show and vice versa

It was popular enough in Japan to get an official jap dub

>Hank: "Alright fellas, now regardless of how you feel about eh...trans-people, we're still guests on this board and we ought to behave as such."
>Bill: "I for one plan to be wholly accepting of such people, Hank.."
>Hank: "*Sigh*..Boomhauer, make sure Bill doesn't ask one to marry him."

>Boomhauer starts rambling about how he isn't into trannies but that there are some decent Thai ladyboys

Attached: deniro-laugh.gif (289x498, 3.55M)

then Dale would start ranting about how it's a conspiracy to destabilise Western civilization
then Bobby comes out as trans or at least non-binary

why does Japan watch King of the Hill?

Attached: 1658297996169174.jpg (1000x861, 534.46K)

It's apparently popular enough in Japan that they have sub v.s. dub arguments about it, so apparently pretty well.

>Hank in the current year
>"..Gotdangit, this just ain't bussin I tell ye whut, on god.."

now I want to hear what the japanese dub sounds like

Same reason they watch Boondocks: it provides an interesting window into a recognizable, yet foreign culture. Same reason weebs watch stuff like Zetsubo-sensei or Joshiraku even though a chunk of the humor is inevitably lost in translation.

There's a weird French-Canadian version where they relocated it from Texas to Quebec.

Why would they take a show about very specific Americana and make it canadian? How would that even work? Did they cut out 2-10mins of runtime from every episode?

Attached: 1315052316237.jpg (252x189, 7.25K)

it's generational more than geographical

what's there not to get in this other than the american sports episodes

Watching KotH in Spanish is almost just as good as in English and I don't even speak Spanish

Liar.