Remember when it was cool and rebellious to be on the left...

Remember when it was cool and rebellious to be on the left? I go to a skate park these days and I see BLM and rainbow flags spray painted and on top of that every giant corporation supports the same agenda. It’s not the counter culture but so many are convinced it somehow is. What happened?

Attached: 1658558792079610.jpg (828x803, 231.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3OoLw04TVkY
youtube.com/watch?v=tVZ3mKpWF68
youtube.com/watch?v=VVXtgyPPbJM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Remember when it was cool and rebellious to be on the right? Oh yeah, never.

>Remember when it was cool and rebellious to act cool and rebellious for no reason at all?
Yeah. The BLM/Rambow shit is just people wearing what they like or "supporting" a group they like. No one is trying to be rebellious. If a Kurt Cobain or tawdry group of Beat poets showed up today they would be laughed at for being the spoiled, pampered idiots they always were. The mask fell off long ago. People just like what they like. Drake, Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish (however you spell her name) aren't rebellious either, but they're all majorly popular. The concept of counter culture is outdated. And I hate to afford David Sperg Wallace any credit, but he was right: the closest thing you'll get to somebody being a rebel today is a genuinely kind hearted person who isn't jockeying for clout.

Like right now? Fag.

there is no true rebellion or counter culture anymore, user. everything has been subsumed by the liberal capitalist corporate oligarchy, everything has been commodified, everything reduced to nothing but mere dollar value. and you and all sides of the non-existent and entirely performative political “spectrum” eat it up like General Mills brand cereal. you think of yourself and your value in economic terms. are you productive? are you worth anything? do you have anything to offer? is there money in your bank account? every type of cultural identity in the western hegemonic economic sphere is defined by its consumption of products. different products = different identity, but they all consume. and despite this commonality these consumers spend their free time, while not consuming or being consumed, fighting with each other about what are the best products to consume, which products make a person good or bad to consume, etc. there is no culture to “counter” anymore. just dollars.

YEAH WE DO WHAT WE DO TO GET BY
AND THEN WE NEED A RELEASE

>Be punk
>Fight hard against the establishment
>Establishment improves somewhat
>Some of the things you were fighting for are now accepted and mainstream
>You're supposed to be upset about getting what you wanted, because some hobo on Any Forums doesn't understand what your morals were, and thought you were being contrary for contrary sake.

ESGs are literally made up scores and the points dont matter
Its financial suicide because theyre not fact based

rightoids are the lamest and most hypocritical people on earth.

nice television and film thread you've got going there
be a shame if something happened to it :^)))))

>be corporate sellout garbage music all along
>(((popular))) for so long you are no pro establishment
>"oh no! weve been found out!"

Attached: 1648744390000.gif (500x209, 1.8M)

Find a new thing to post every day, this got old a long time ago

punk peaked with gg allin
rip punk, i vomit on your grave

>rightwingers invading a leftist hobby or interest and then cry about not being accepted #7369
can't you """people""" just invent your own shit instead

metal is majority right wing, especially black metal

Right wingers created existence and the world, we created heaven and hell.

Leftists are a new phenomenon that perpetually deconstructing things built by others whilst masturbating over their own purity

Bunch of slack jawed faggots

Besides I am fucking ripped

>muh dichotomy
lmao people just dont like you
right or left doesnt figure into it
you are obnoxious and annoying
nobody likes you, they only pretend to

Attached: 1659256168540981.png (598x684, 222.43K)

Half of the Ramones crew were rightoids, you retard.

right wingers are soulless npcs incapable of creating art
>le wingcuck! he says while posting an epic Any Forums meme
rightwinger larping as a neutral third party because he doesn't have the balls to stand up for his beliefs, how original
>dude one 80 year old boomer in his alzehimer riddled mind is retweeting fox news propaganda that means punk was always rightwinged

It's not really cool to be on the right. When right-wingers act like this it comes off as cringe, like when Christians try to get kids to care about Jesus with Christian rock. it's just lame. Right-wingers can be edgy and funny but aside from that they are really lame and it's so easy to poke holes in their beliefs. I hate modern leftists too but the whole idea of, "Counter culture is always cool". Is fucking retarded and just a way right-wingers try and convert kids to their side.

Fixed

Attached: 1653514797088.jpg (960x922, 137.94K)

Politics were never cool, you just grew up and started to give a shit
you most likely had a cringe phase where you thought one side was better than the other and then switched
if you're really old, you switched back

This. Not a single cool person on this planed who happens to also be obsessed with politics.

Remember when it was cool and rebellious to be a city slicker? I go to a general store these days and I see fancy german cars and park avenue manicures and on top of that every giant corporation supports the same agenda. It’s not the counter culture but so many are convinced it somehow is. What happened?

Attached: you_can't_chuck_and_sneed.png (828x803, 955.47K)

That applies just as well to the right that shills for tax cuts to the rich and letting big business have their way with the planet.
A perfect system, with no real recourse for opposition. Marvelous isn't it?

Punk was never about conformity. It was about pretending inferiority was a virtue to make the person feel good about their shitty life. The inferior people are still punk even when they are conformist

It's punk to be truly anti-government no matter who is in charge and what policies they pass. Unfortunately this is impossible because human nature will always favor some issues over others blah blah

What's sad is, in your meme-addled adolescent mind(s), you probably actually believe this. Your nursing home adventures will be awfully frightful when you discover that not only do your cultural successors despise you by virtue of your existence as modifiers, but that they openly abuse you as well. You'll have a blast. Hope you love the future you're helping to build!

YOU WANT THEM TO NOTICE
THE RAGGED ENDS OF YOUR SUMMER DRESS
YOU WANT THEM TO SEE YOU
LIKE THEY SEE EVERY OTHER GIRL
THEY JUST SEE A FAGGOT
THEY HOLD THEIR BREATH NOT TO CATCH THE SICK

Attached: index.png (640x593, 345.5K)

>the right that shills for tax cuts to the rich and letting big business have their way with the planet
You may not have noticed, but this isn't 2004 anymore.

>i'm going to be a right winger just because it's not mainstream!
imagine being this retarded

lol no its not absolute retard. have you ever talked to a single metalhead

I've never see a nigger punk and punk roasties are basically poser.
t. former punk

>i'm going to be a left winger just because it's not mainstream!
it's already happened

No the right in my country still does this. That's all the western right ever does.
The American right does this the most. Last time the Republicans were in power they cut taxes, deregulated for big business, and gutted environmental protections. Like they always do.

I am so punk I don't even care about being punk. In my free time and especially during summer, I often go to a nice river near me and read a book while listening to some smooth jazz. I don't need a subculture because I am pretty fine with my identity.
Last but not least, you are a giant faggot if you don't just come here to shitpost and actually care about the internet fights on this site

not from California
youtube.com/watch?v=3OoLw04TVkY

Ever heard of CCR or The Doors?

their entire electoral platform is all about "we're going to get rid of all the fags, trannies, and niggers!" but then when they are in power they dont do shit except cut taxes

>cut taxes, deregulated for big business, and gutted environmental protections
You don't even know what any of those words mean. Think for yourself for once instead of regurgitating young turks talking points.

Kino and based

Faggots.
youtube.com/watch?v=tVZ3mKpWF68
youtube.com/watch?v=VVXtgyPPbJM

>their entire electoral platform is all about "we're going to get rid of all the fags, trannies, and niggers!
No one has ever said this, if they did I might actually vote for the first time.

Not that guy, but almost every one of them that I know is a '''''''''''Chud'''''''''''

But that's the exact opposite of being punk. Being punk isn't blue hair and complying with corporate demands. Its sticking it to the man. Not advertising for the man for free and advocating for the man...

Yeah all of that tl;dr is worth jack shit because "right" is a blanket term that applies to yourself if you really aren't on board with the woke shit.

Schizo

Men don’t see women and trannies the same

To be a punk is to be a faggot, that's the original definition and they are the genuine article.