Is it adaptable?

Is it adaptable?

Attached: F3881703-0DEB-474B-9ACE-326EB008D967.jpg (1653x2476, 731.48K)

I need a new book on tape. This or Neuromancer?

Attached: u006j.jpg (200x176, 13.18K)

It was adaptable 20 years ago, but now it's painfully dated

Would have been cool in the 90s.
Would be cringe and R*ddit today.

This.

Absolutely Snowcrash. Necromancer is good for the first 100 pages but after that I just felt like I was slogging through. There's gotta be better cyberpunk. Or 90s retrofuturism novels.

Based. Thanks user.

I'd rather see The Diamond Age.

Jesus fucking christ you can read Neuromancer in an hour how the fuck WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR BRAIN SERIOUSLY DID YOU TAKE THE FUCKING CLOT SHOT AND TURN RETARDED JESUS CHRIST

Yes but not anymore, it's gonna be impossible to make this without people calling it woke.

I dunno the part where the giant stinky trash nigger rapes a 14 year old literally named whitey was pretty accurate

oh fuck yes.

That wasnt rape. She wanted it, but she forgot about the needle in her pussy.

I wonder if that would even fly today considering how hard it shits on chinksects.

>SHE DONE WAN ED ITTTT

>In this respect, Stephenson's views are not shared with other contemporary writers such as Bret Easton Ellis, Kathy Acker, Octavia Butler, Paul de Man and Richard Rorty (with respect to the latter's literary criticism).[according to whom?][citation needed] In contrast, it uniquely risks developing a racialized view of culture.[according to whom?][citation needed] Because, Walter Benn Michaels states, "in Snow Crash, the bodies of humans are affected by 'information' they can't read... the virus, like the icepick [in American Psycho], gets the words inside you even if you haven't read them",[59]:68 culture is not transmitted by beliefs and practices, but rather by physical characteristics, such as blood (or genetic codes).[according to whom?][citation needed]
>Rorty's Achieving Our Country[full citation needed] uses Snow Crash as an example of modern culture

lmao there's a wiki fight going on here

Seveneves is his best book, it's stood the test of time.

I thought this was johnny mnemonic

You'll appreciate Snow Crash more after reading Neuromancer first. Snow Crash is a bit of a satire of the genre

Not worth

Not that user, and I agree that neuromancer isn't a slog by any measure, but if you actually read it in one hour (60 minutes) you're a speed reading retard with no retention.
Only met one person in my life who could actually speed read and remember the content, and she used the skill to become a research doctor.

The first chapter might be one of the best openings in genre fiction.
Also every fed section was comedy gold. What a gem of a book. I actually think it's one of the few cyberpunk books worth adapting in other media, but the whole plot, with its concept of language as a mind virus is a bit above main audiences.

If I could fund one project, I'd want a cryptonomicon series

A tremendously difficult project, even if people could get over whatever social issues they would have.

An hour, no, but neuromancer can easily be read in a day, a long afternoon.

Shitty r*ddit book
only capeshitters could enjoy this garbage

I kind of feel like the effects would end up like the Lawnmower Man