What movie was it that began it's downward spiral?

What movie was it that began it's downward spiral?

Attached: Marvel_Cinematic_Universe_Logo.png (1500x700, 154.98K)

Iron Man

Black Widow and Eternals tie for the downward spiral mark

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 93.51K)

that scene was great though. it was a "loser" character subverting the expectations of the antagonist by not responding in the manner he expected. if you ever have kids, you'll learn (or know) the best way to deal with a tantrum is to laugh at them. and ronan was basically having a permanent tantrum because his race negotiated peace.

I thought it started with Captain Marvel

For me it was Ant-man.

Secret Wars

End Game.

This was the first movie that had a woke political slant and wasn’t based on any sort of fan demand.

Attached: 83B8BCF3-825B-4B07-8155-6B6C391432F9.jpg (2000x2400, 391.64K)

This sounds right.
Obviously Dark World in phase 2 was weak, but they were on a hot streak until Cap Marv.
Phase 4 has been shit aside from SpiderMan3

Attached: 60i8kikj54621.jpg (1053x1053, 172.1K)

Attached: c3f44b32c618cc4574400bb29725a006.jpg (1080x1080, 1.34M)

Shang Chink and the great Asian expansion. I think we marketed films over there and they didn't even air them due to gay shit. Disney made that error a few times, no?

In any case, Eternals, Shang Chink - they damaged the brand. Slopes and bugs don't tune in to see Asian supes, they want to see powerful white superheroes (been that way ever since Eastwood in Westerns - foreigners just worship the white American male).

GotG is literally Marvel's best movie. For the exact opposite reason why the MCU is terrible and why its crumbling now.

GotG set itself apart in terms of subject matter, setting, characters, but also stylistically in tone, editing, music, etc.
Everyone hates it, but I think the Eternals is a good movie for the same reason.

Dr. Strange 2 could have been like them both as well but the movie failed for all the reasons why the MCU is done for - they had to shoehorn a multiverse hopping character - setting up the multiverse AND introducing a new character and making the plot revolve around her, with little time to explore Wanda, Strange, etc.

MCU just keeps pushing new characters, new settings, without explaining, detailing, lingering, getting cozy or creative at all.

I heard Shang Chi was good though, and that Doctor Strange 2 is a mixed bag.

>Secret Wars
I'm really hoping none of the stars of the Kang Dynasty arc are in this.

For me it’s casting Zendaya as mary jane and Flash Thompson as an indian dude.

Mary Jane has red hair and is white. Make a new character for Zendaya to play that isn’t Mary Jane.

And get rid of Ned. Sorry, he didn’t exist in the comics.

You type like a streetshitter desperately trying to appear white

phase 5 is looking up
>Nick Fury calls KACL for advice
>Roz dates Dr. Strange
>the Avengers battle aliens in Seattle outside Frasier's window, but he and Niles are just inside drinking sherry and bitching about opera seats

Attached: 1659236287730880.jpg (1080x608, 74.63K)

You I like you.

the incredible hulk

Imagine if they made America Chavez straight in the MCU like how they killed female Thor in Thor 4.

Shes not mary jane

This. I hate capeshit.

Shang Chi was good. Eternals damaged the brand for being a group of characters nobody asked for and also for being drastically different from the comic version. Most of the eternals were race and gender swapped to be ultra woke diversity crew.

But Zendaya is a new character. She's Michelle Jones.
I agree though. They changed the name but it's still MJ and it's a shitty way of getting around blackwashing a character. I hate the MCU Spider-Man. No real Mary Jane. No Uncle Ben. Aunt May is sexualized. Flash is a gross Indian. No Osborns. It's absolute trash.

Attached: Scarlet Spider Kaine.jpg (3840x2160, 591K)