Just got around to watching this. Why did K have the memory (and the robot hooar as well)...

Just got around to watching this. Why did K have the memory (and the robot hooar as well)? This ended up being a big enough plot hole that it ruined the movie for me.

Attached: 14776E7E-925C-4413-9932-1D28B81813FA.jpg (740x380, 52.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2049
youtube.com/watch?v=E_PIi8tRcCo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's explained if you pay attention. Creating replicants with a person's entire memories (as with Rachel) is illegal, but it is legal for the "artists" to use bits and pieces of their own formative memories. This gives the fake background more verisimilitude than if it was entirely fabricated.

Based speedwatcher

kys my man

No, she didn’t just put bits and pieces. It’s implied she implanted her whole memory into K (“yes someone lived this”) after just saying it’s illegal to do so. Makes no fucking sense.

>No, she didn’t just put bits and pieces.

Yes, she did, the scene where she exposited her job literally answered your question. The dialogue was something like "every artist puts a piece of themselves into the memory" and one of her memories was displayed on the screen.

The girl in the cell doing this to find her father. She lies to K that his memories are real.

You’re saying the birthday party scene was her memory? When she had just explained she had grew up in a bubble with little to no human interaction? And I’m the one that supposedly pay attention? Fucking retard. Retard board.

>This ended up being a big enough plot hole
genuine smoothbrain

>You’re saying the birthday party scene was her memory? When she had just explained she had grew up in a bubble with little to no human interaction? And I’m the one that supposedly pay attention? Fucking retard. Retard board.

I watched this movie in 2018, there is no need to be a rude faggot. I am correct and the only detail I got wrong was I thought she showed the "toy horse" memory on the screen, it was the birthday party as you said.

> K understands that he is not Rachael's child, deduces that Stelline is her daughter and that the memory of the toy horse is hers, one she implanted amongst those of other replicants whose memories she designed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blade_Runner_2049

It makes no sense why she would do this, though, after just saying it’s illegal. No one has been able to come up with a satisfactory motivation she could possibly have to do this. Just for shits and giggles? That’s not compelling enough for me.

LITERALLY THE FIRST LINE OF DIALOGUE SHE SPEAKS AFTER SHOWING THE BIRTHDAY MEMORY EXPLAINS WHY REPLICANTS ARE GIVEN REAL FORMATIVE MEMORIES. YOU CALLED ME A RETARD AND YET I REMEMBERED THIS MOVIE AFTER 4 YEAR BETTER THAN YOU DID AFTER AN HOUR:

youtube.com/watch?v=E_PIi8tRcCo

Now shut the FUCK up.

No, she says bits and pieces in the sense that most art works are autobiographical in some way or sense, not that art works are directly lifted life events. She does not say she would directly put her memories into replicants, she says that would be illegal. This hole is irreconcilable. She has no motivation to put her direct memories into K.

imagine falling for bait this hard

Are you a retarded. It's literally ezxplained she has put some of her memories in dozens of replicants. Hence that one line the resistance lady or whatever had saying "You thought it was you". Because there was plenty before him who thought the same thing.

And that makes even less sense, that she would put the same real memory in dozens of replicants for no reason. That would probably be even more illegal.

I've already explained to you, it's only illegal to upload all of a person's memories. Rachel had the memories of Tyrell's niece and thus would know, say, what the woman's favourite book was.

It's legal for the artists to use only their formative memories in order to make the replicant more human-like. K doesn't know what Ana's favourite book is but he remembers her beloved toy horse.

I'm outa this gay thread.

It never said she put the same memories in everyone. He was the only one to find the toy. If the others had that memory they probably would have found it too. Its obvious and implied she just split and put random memories into different ones. Not the same ones in each.

>It makes no sense why she would do this, though, after just saying it’s illegal. No one has been able to come up with a satisfactory motivation she could possibly have to do this. Just for shits and giggles? That’s not compelling enough for me.
“Ever drink Absinthe? It’s illegal”
“Wanna try some”

Ditto but with marijuana, cocaine, etc.
plenty of people do stuff that’s illegal, and even tell people

This movie sucks ass compared to the original.

No fucking new ideas.

>holy fuck, I was wrong and now I look like a fucking moron
>wait
>heh, you got trolled guys, baited you hard