Black Widow (2021)

Why did people not like this movie? I've seen a lot of people say this was the worst movie in Phase 4 and I completely disagree. Just watched it and in the grand scheme of the MCU it was pretty average but I thought it was great and I'm not really understanding the hate.

Attached: blackwidow.jpg (1013x1500, 658.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MEjWEvD43W4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=MEjWEvD43W4

The Taskmaster reveal was awful. It is very clearly a guy for the entire film and then they cut away and back to a waif of a woman taking the helmet off. They also made them a mindless robot with none of the characters personality. David Harbour and Florence Pugh carried the film.

She kind of died in Engame, no point in her development as a character.
If they released it instead of Captain Marvel (and never released Captain Marvel) MCU would be much better.

Fair point. I kinda had a feeling people would criticize how they portrayed Taskmaster, but I thought it was a cool twist and made sense in terms of the story. I will say I never read the comics though so I'd probably have the same opinion as you if I did.
Also yea Florence carried

Mostly because it was mediocre, flat and pointless. Nobody really needed this movie, it does nothing to push the MCU forward besides adding Yelena who is not that important to anything.

This. Would've been much better if we had got this movie in Phase 2 instead of Iron Man 3 or Ant Man. The fact that it takes place before BW died kinda killed most of the stakes

oh nooooo a bad cgi scene. Oh my gooooooooooooooood

movie was perfectly fine average mcu flick. No where near as bad as people claim though

Attached: oh my god.jpg (1000x563, 22.76K)

I honestly don't see what was so good about Pugh's performance. Her jokes were flat and she manages to have less screen charisma than all the other leads.

i came up with a better plot this afternoon, and it would have cost substantially less.

>same time period, just after civil war
>cap and his renegade team are given asylum in new attilan, on an island in the pacific (after the events of the tv show).
>erik selvig is there too, studying lockjaw's transportation abilities
>black bolt and medusa want to be declared a country, and allow all inhumans asylum. they ask cap and his team for help finding people
>cap sees nat is sad about losing her family, so gives her an assignment to go to new york and find people using her network of safehouses
>she goes, and tracks down a few inhumans, who are being murdered and being turned into art.
>she tracks one down, and tells him its not safe, when she's attacked by someone. they fight, and its revealed to be daredevil
>her and daredevil bond and team up to find the killer, someone named muse
>all the while general ross is looking for people who haven't signed the accords, and teams up with the new shield (and thier current director jeffrey mace) to find them, but is distracted by the inhumans wanting sovereignty.
>daredevil and nat track down muse, and stop him in the act, but find out he is being backed by big money.
>a black widow comes to kill them, daredevil and nat have a big fight with her, and its shown to be yalena.
>nat remembers her from the red room, and is shocked, yalena gets away

None of the performances were anything to talk about outside of the Russian guy maaaybe. Everyone else looked totally bored including ScarJo and what's her face Rachel something. On another note, Pugh really hams it up in Hawkeye, it's awful and makes her BW performance look great in comparison.

Inhumans was a shit tv show and this plot sounds worse desu.

It should have been the movie between Infinity War and Endgame instead of Captain Marvel who served no purpose. Also would allowed for a Captain America cameo.

It would have ended Widows red-ledger guilt arc giving greater weight to her acceptance of sacrifice in Endgame.

The third act sucks! From the Taskmaster reveal to the shitty action and choreography to the stupid plan and resolution. Main villain gets killed uncermoniosuly. Natasha breaking her nose to stop the pheromone BS. The shitty Taskmaster Vs Red Guardian fight. THE TERRIBLE WIDOW vs Taskmaster finale where she just beats her for no particular reason even though she got her ass kicked by Task earlier; for some reason she can just win now.

Had decent build up in the middle. Had potential to be an actually spy and infiltration movie but like I said, third act shits the bed.

>yalena was being paid by omega red, and his partner red guardian, who are trying to create tensions between american and new attilan. both were a part of leviathan, which fell apart after the wall fell, leaving their faction, and the red room, which trained the widows.
>while nat and daredevil are finding the clues, they start to fall in love (this is after dd s3)
>the u.n is considering granting new attilan sovereignty, wakanda is behind them especially, but ross accuses them of harboring fugitives, and medusa accuses america of letting inhumans get killed (with all the history from agents of sheild brought up)
>omega red comes to kill nat and daredevil after yalena fails
>luke cage and iron fist help in the fight, and they defeat him, leading to him getting arrested by shield.
>red guardian wants to finish this all, so he uses whatever widows are left to attack all at once, along with himself
>which leads to a big battle with the inhuman royal family, the defenders, and caps avengers.
>when red guardian is defeated, the tensions between the us and new attilan are cooleed down, they get granted sovereignty, and caps team needs to find new places to hide, and go back on the run.
>daredevil and nat kiss and say goodbye

>end credits scene is showing ross get the v.p. job, and set up the thunderbolts.

i thought it'd be cool since both comics didn't sell, so in the 70's marvel combined them and called it "black widow and the inhumans", also to do them better and wash the taste of the bad show out of the world's mouth, without rebooting it entirely.

Phase 4 as a whole has been so shit it's almost miraculous.

Taskmaster was pants.

Perlmutter outright said "girls don't buy action figures" and didn't want a Black Widow film. Feige and Perlmutter fighting made the MCU a success; Perlmutter was more business inclined and Feige more creative. With Perlmutter forced out and Feige reigning he managed to get a film which he had promised ScarJo. And all we got was a bland film that all it did was set up Yelena, get Scarlett to threaten legal action for earnings and get dumped on Disney+. The character is dead. So who cares about anything happening? The plot is bland. So who cares about anything happening? And COVID was the shit cherry on top.

They could and should have done a full swan song for the character, exploring her whole past as hinted at with some throughline. Give her some adventures and gravitas. Instead we got bad CGI and a sorta attempt to copy Winter Soldier in the worse way. Her "family" were mostly wasted or boring.

I didn't mind it, it was far from the worst MCU entry, but that's all. It felt like a gap filler, especially given Nat is dead. I do like Yalena though so I hope she gets more appearances.

Your ideas just sound like "I liked Agents of Shield and Inhumans" which were both very meh and the whole "I want to connect all the shows to the movies" thing which has been a detriment with the Disney+ shows. Too much stuff crammed in.

except i'm trying to do it naturally, concurrent investigations crossing over.

the disney plus shows don't actually crossover or matter much, they're just filled. old marvel tv stuff, although highly flawed, were better and more varied, even with lower budgets.

it's better than just ignoring it. just like in the comics, you should build upon the last run, especially if it was bad.

I hate woke shit and forced romances, and yet I really, really want them to make Yalena and Kate into lesbians. Their chemistry does things to me.

Attached: Yalena&Kate.jpg (1000x563, 269.67K)

>im quirky because i put siracha on kraft mac and cheese comrade
>im so quirky because i trained myself to be a peak human on avengers level, with no explanation