Why did I never here of this Ghibli before? It sounds less gay and more violent than their other films...

Why did I never here of this Ghibli before? It sounds less gay and more violent than their other films, but it's their least popular, despite being based on a famous, well-liked fantasy novel series.

Attached: Screenshot_2022-08-03_20-28-20.png (325x516, 241.73K)

Is it good? I heard it was bad.

but people who like their other films think it's bad. But their other films are all gay as christmas. so maybe this is violent anime kino like that of yore?

You two faggots are retarded.

iirc it crammed a half dozen books into one movie, the plot is mangled because of it. but it wasn't terrible, i guess. the books themselves are written by a man hating, White hating feminist where in the world men lose all their magic powers by middle age and have to learn how to live like 'women' (i.e magic less).
>violent anime kino
no, princess mononoke is far more violent. it spends most of the movie with an old mand gardening in a hut with an old woman

it's made by miyazaki's son, who's a cuck.

>miyazaki asks to adapt earthsea in the 80s
>le guin goes no you yellow faggot anime is cringe
>shits and cries about this
>gets worldwide acclaim with spirited away
>le guin contacts that they have her blessing now
>goes to her place to talk about the film
>suzuki goes miyazaki-san you're booked for other stuff we need to give it to someone else, like your son
>miyazaki shits and cries in front of le guin over this
>he exclaims he'll assist his son so it doesn't turn out shit
>he and his son refuse to speak to each other the entire making of the movie
>le guin hates it

>Usual LeGuin
>less gay
Oh user, how little you know

>Why did I never here of this Ghibli before?
There are like 20 Ghibli movies. Just look at the wiki for 5 seconds, now you've heard of them all, well done, faggot

i meant on the streets

monoke is more violent than this one

It's not bad. I think people shit on it because it was made by Goro and not his dad. He also made From Up on Poppy Hill which is one of my favorites.

:LeGuin isn't gay. It's Marion Zimmer Bradley that was the lesbian bearding a pedo.

My only problem with Earthsea is that the first book is very much a "I thought up this neat magic system. I'm going to devote 90% of the book to infodumping my magic system and ignore the cool map in the front of the book."

Ghiblicels cannot admit that its good because their daddy Miyazaki claimed its bad.
Furthermore, Miyazaki cannot admit its good because it was made by his son and he is a shitty father.

...G...Goro?

He told it was good tho
>Saturday last week, there was a launch party for the people connected with the movie.

>I got up on a stage to greet everybody,
>and when I took a look at the faces of all the many people sitting there,
>I completely forgot the words of the speech I had planned,
>and I was unable to give a good speech.

>When I think that it was through so many people that this movie was born,
>I become overjoyed and full of gratitude.
>Everybody who gave of their all for the movie "Tales from Earthsea",
>I can't give your names individually here, but I am really, really grateful to you.

>And then, in the middle of the party, the colour designer Ms Yasuda relayed a message from Hayao Miyazaki.
>"It was made honestly, so it was good".
>These few words brought tears to my eyes.

>Of all the things he has said until now,
>those words of my father's brought the most joy to me.
>Suddenly a positive feeling of resolve to keep doing my best welled up in me.

He admited Earwig and the Witch was good. If he can like that abomination, theres no way he hated Earthsea.

It started out amazing and as it went on it got worse until it was a chore to watch the final long drawn out battle.

Its poorly executed and does not do the books justice. It was Miyazaki’s son’s nepotism project.

>It sounds less gay and more violent than their other films
probably cause most people arent brainlets like you

reported for blatant lying

wut
lmao

Have you read the actual statement? It's not that he thought it was good, he simply gave up on goro and stopped giving a fuck