Why was the hobbit series so

good?

Attached: the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-the-barrel-rapids.jpg (1600x680, 111.52K)

The first movie was peak comfy, on par with fellowship

it's just fun adventures

made just in time before woke shit took over. Made today and half the dwarves would have been diverse.

No.

Honestly, it was fine. Most of the hate is just bookfag cope, but maybe 10% of the audience actually read the book, so it's not gonna be an issue for most people that it was too different or had too much fan fiction.

Zoomer retards who grew up with this trash think it's good kek

It wasn't

I think making trilogy was just unnecessary. I read the book at some point long ago before the movies, but it can't have been more like 300 pages or something. But anyway don't necessarily get the hate. It's not like it's bad movies

Too much cgi

>Dwarves look like Humans
>Orcs can't speak Common
>Not faithful to the books
>God awful CGI
Fuck those movies

>I think making trilogy was just unnecessary.

Me too, but what we got wasn't bad, and it was pretty much the final big fantasy production in the pre-woke era. I bet we'll see a lot of APOLOGIZE threads after Rings of Power airs.

It was shit, fuck off with your obvious shill faggotry.

They weren't. But they did have their moments and I liked Martin Freeman as Bilbo.

Attached: sleepyman.webm (854x480, 1.52M)

Attached: 1609650342077.webm (1280x444, 2.84M)

If you set your bar low enough, anything can look good.

OP's "bar" is now in danger of incinerating in the Earth's molten core.

If this were an indian movie you'd all be tripping over yourselves going "KEENO" and "SOUL"

Its a deleted scene, calm down.

thank god they expanded it to 3 movies so we could have extra scenes like le funny rabbit sleigh and wormtongue 2.0

Why didn't the molten good kill the dragon somg

soulless money grab that has been completely out of my mind and out of any kind of discussion the second it released

Attached: gandalf sad.jpg (1280x5000, 1.21M)

first movie was pretty good
second was hit and miss
third was mostly trash

i couldnt even make it through the first one
too much CGI, martin freeman is fucking insufferable, and I don't care about the dwarves

Because it was a story of bravery and companionship, written by a profoundly devout Christian man.

Did any amusement park ever make a Hobbit themed barrel ride like this?

This thread sponsored by GoPro.

That scene was fucking hilarious, everyone at the theater were laughing their asses off as this silly Tom & Jerry slapstick comedy.

kek

Attached: 1643116792204.png (101x69, 9.22K)