What was the message of this movie? Something about how humanity has to get rid of nuclear weapons?

What was the message of this movie? Something about how humanity has to get rid of nuclear weapons?

Deep analysis only please

Attached: 584B4327-A7AE-4341-B572-D7721E4C3355.jpg (960x1440, 239.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nja0Obgg2gU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>cartoon
>deep analsys only

cool motorcycle goo brrrrm

Never trust the jews.

that people ostracized by society have it hard, also government bad

>What was the message of this movie?
Don't do drugs.

>message
Absolute fucking faggotry to a highest degree, that's what this post is
The message is that you watched a gorgeous animation, here's your message, now go suck on some balls in between watching your chink cartoon analysis videos on youtube you complete fucking faggot

it didn't have a strong message so much as it had some light themes like government overreach and clandestine experimentation surrounded by a cyberpunk dystopia

Tetsuo was manlet shithead and you should nip that problem in the bud before something like this happens.

The Japanese got nuked and put extremely obvious imagery and plot lines to indicate some message about it, suck a fat one retard

I’m pretty sure the government transferring Akiras power to the test subjects was some kind of metaphor for government creating nukes. The scientist at one point even says something about how Tetsui is creating new particles not known to man that can be used to explain the origin of the universe

not that guy but it's not so much a straight up message as the akira event in the movie and the following cyberpunk dystopia can be seen as roughly analogous to the nuclear bombings of hiroshima and nagasaki and the following economic boom and the move from japan into a international electronics production powerhouse

if you're so sure, state the message then retard

I bet you watch a godzilla movie and rave about how important and powerfully anti-nuclear and anti-imperialist it is
Just watch your popcorn flicks and shut the fuck up, analyzing a bunch of gook drawings, you're an embarrasment
Here, analyze this drawing too while you're at it you fucking faggot

Attached: Untitled.png (878x600, 11.85K)

Early
And often

Godzilla isn't anti-imperialist. It's anti-American. Japanese were imperialist themselves.
That said, you're a victim yourself. I just pity you too.

>Godzilla isn't anti-imperialist. It's anti-American.
lmao

i only watch this movie on dxm and i still don't really remember or understand it, so i guess they're right

They had to butcher the story to make it work as a movie, so don't think too hard about it and just enjoy the animation.

Akira is supposed to be the power of the universe and life, but humans stole the power and corrupted it and imprisoned Akira. The only way to go back the way way things were before (pre nuke) is some kind of cataclysm. That’s all I got from it I was just wind if I was missing something

Fag lmao

>and imprisoned Akira
no they didn't, akira successfully transcended, i guess all that supernatural shit probably fits into some kind of budhist framework somehow though i wouldn't know how

again though, still no clear cut "message"

i think tetsuo and kaneda's relationship is the heart of the movie. i don't know that there's one succinct message to put a bow on it, but the core of the movie is these two kids, who have been enveloped into all this crazy elaborate destruction and other-worldly horror. by the end it's like, can you believe what has become of us? we were two naive young boys, best friends, and look at what this crazy world has done to us.

The movie is basically the first few and last few chapters of an extremely long manga mashed together with none of the actual plot in it so whatever themes or message you take from it are accidental

the movie barely has a message because it's a RIDICULOUSLY truncated version of the manga's story, which is much more about how old ways of thinking are detrimental in the face of something new and unknown, and how the desire for power corrupts those who would do anything to get it

the message is don't go and fuck around making unethical experiments.

ps the message of the manga is that scientists carelessly going along with research projects always just ends up transferring power in to the wrong hands

the entire message of the movie is captured in the bike gang fight at the beginning with the RASSE RASSE RASSE RA song.
evidently the song is something that is sung at a summer festival to shake off the heat and drowsiness of summer. except in akira it's the kids captures the kid's attitude towards society.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nja0Obgg2gU

Attached: 7c0.gifv.gif (470x570, 537.67K)