Why aren't neurotic jew comedies a thing anymore

why aren't neurotic jew comedies a thing anymore

Attached: annie-hall-1977-woody-allen-y-diane-keaton-1560263030.jpg (1600x1221, 252.51K)

ive never found woody allen funny in the slightest do you have to be jewish to find him funny?

but they invented transphobia to bully the nazis. is transphobia bad?

Noah Baumbach took up the mantle. You even have crossover like Jessie Eisenberg being a muse for both directors (squid and the whale and playing allen in the excellent Cafe Society)

Greta Gerwig is also very Diane Keaton-y

Attached: baumkino.jpg (1522x685, 161.74K)

I found Love and Death somewhat funny but yeah I hate the others

watched Broadway Danny Rose last night..
a few keks were had, very comfy, peak sleazy NY. nice deli.

his "serious" movies were better than his comedies anyway. manhattan is one of the great films of the 20th century

Zoomers dont know what OP is talking about, but in the past every movie hipster on the planet was like
>which is your favourite Woody Allen movie.

For Woody Allen specifically, it instantly stopped being cool to be
>i like woody allen movies
when he had that scandal about him fucking his adopted daughter at questionable age. With our society the way he is, he became an unperson and the movie industry pretends his work never existed, more or less. And none of them wants to imitate him for the fear of comparison to an unperson.

Because we are now officially sick of their shit.

Attached: GhislaineEpsteinContext.jpg (570x713, 71.71K)

> he doesn't listen to the adam friedland show

As a Euro I find neurotic New York jew comedies either very funny and reletable, or excruciating and absymal. There's really no middle ground.

Woody shackiing up with his stepdaughter never stopped him working, he worked in Hollywood for years after it

ethnic privilage

>I hate Woody Allen physically, I dislike that kind of man. He has the Chaplin Disease; that particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. Like all people with timid personalities his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he loves himself; a very tense situation.

Attached: 1502985135847.png (1194x895, 1001.32K)

Woody fucked Soon-Yi in 91 and married her in 97

His career had a massive resurgence in the 2000s working with Scarlett Johansen, Penelope Cruz, Cate Blanchett, Kristen Stewart, Lea Seydoux, Greta Gerwig, Elliot Page, etc etc etc etc etc. He made a lot of great films then.

Even in 2019 he made an ok film starring Timothee Chalamet, Elle Fanning & Selena Gomez (Rainy day in New York)

He became a non-person after that. In 2019. A non-cynical explanation is just that he was well into his 80s and was losing it.

Attached: woody.jpg (650x572, 48.06K)

Because everyone is woody allen now

Eternally based

Jews are more now into subversive and post-meta-comedy nowdays.

welles was just jealous that he couldn't get his films financed and had to whore himself out to even live

Woody Allen disgusts me. That particular combination of arrogance and timidity sets my teeth on edge. He is arrogant. Like all people with timid personalities, his arrogance is unlimited. Anybody who speaks quietly and shrivels up in company is unbelievably arrogant. He acts shy, but he’s not. He’s scared. He hates himself, and he loves himself, a very tense situation. It’s people like me who have to carry on and pretend to be modest. To me, it’s the most embarrassing thing in the world—a man who presents himself at his worst to get laughs, in order to free himself from his hang-ups. Everything he does on the screen is therapeutic.

Ellen Page, you mean.

>Elliot Page

Attached: 1641018237364.png (528x438, 235.96K)