I don't get it

I don't get it..

Attached: MV5BZjZlZDlkYTktMmU1My00ZDBiLWFlNjEtYTBhNjVhOTM4ZjJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg (666x1000, 434.01K)

Me either. Overrated garbage.

Pretentious trash only poobrains think is le deep

It's a movie about a depressed kid who commits suicide... using a jet engine

Used to like it when I was a teenager thinking it was 2deep4you, but I re-watched it recently and it's just a pile of dogshit really

It’s about reflecting

you all just a bunch of brainlets

Attached: 96dddf1b547b90e8443407156f715c02.jpg (389x378, 15.4K)

>Used to like it when I was a teenager thinking it was 2deep4you
That just means that you were cringey, not that the movie is bad

>he didn't read the Philosophy of Time Travel

At the end of the day, it's a juvenile film made by college-aged kids who wanted to cram as much cool stuff in it as possible. It also heavily romanticizes the idea of suicide and presents it as a great tragedy yet as a necessity for some people, which is really quite retarded

>It also heavily romanticizes the idea of suicide and presents it as a great tragedy yet as a necessity for some people
based

It's not complicated or anything, it's just really boring

it doesn't romanticize it you fucking moron.

It's a very simple movie about how a teenager survives in a situation in which he should die and the reality around him begins to collapse because of this but it was filmed awfully. Also the film's style as a parody of a family show from the 80s doesn't work.

Attached: 1647122377563.jpg (1200x1200, 308.36K)

its about time travel, the guy is a hero and closed the time loop before the world ended, meaning the movie doesnt exist/never will exist

It's about mk ultra and project monarch.

Goodnight user

Real talk. Killing moon or Never tear us apart?

Attached: 1600594673993.gif (598x600, 430.79K)

an unstable tangent universe was created due to a curruption (duplicate jet engine)
the tangent universe sets up the events so donnie kills frank which allows frank to travel to the original universe and save donniefrom the jet engine
he has to send the jet engine back to the original universe using the wormhole that forms in the original place the engine spawns

No it very fucking clearly does. Donnie's death is depicted as a great tragedy since he's a smart kid who definitely could have had a bright future ahead of him, yet he HAS to kill himself because it's the will of the universe.
It's the exact same line of thought that so many young people today struggle with. "I am actually really smart and witty yet my death is necessary so that other people can live better lives, but also they'll miss me", without realizing just how vain and selfish this reasoning is.
The meta-narrative of the film clearly idealizes taking one's own life for the "greater good", which can be a lot of different things for different people.

some people should kill themselves, though

As in the opening? Never Tear Us Apart is the GOATed opening

I'm not disputing that, but doing it to prove a point is asinine