Cancels $90 Million Movie That Was Nearly Completed

Why would anyone choose to work at WB after seeing what happened to Batgirl? If Zaslav is willing to cancel expensive capeshit, why risk going to work at WB knowing what could happen.

Attached: ZAS.png (835x828, 1.34M)

no other studio is hiring and they dont want to work retail again

Because you still get a pay cheque.

what's next on his chopping block?

The flash

Attached: 1648978851875.png (736x256, 40.52K)

yeah i mean dont outright cancel it just make the movie straight into hbomax

good. they've realised that snydershit ruined DC. how do you fuck your franchise so hard that aquaman and shazam have 2 movies but batman doesn't even have a solo movie?

they rushed in too hard and tried to catch up with the avengers and but got burnt

Hopefully they reject the wokeshit and start getting based again, taking risks on new talent and funding original stories. I could see Michael DeLuca becoming the next big bad Harv (minus the rape)

James Gunn and the directors for The Flash and Blue Beetle all confirmed Peacemaker, The Flash, and Blue Beetle are all safe so none of those.

they could have given that money to me

dont be naive hollywood producer always fuck actress starring on their film

Hopefully they greenlight a powergirl boobkino

they learned that "get broke go broke" a little too late.

Everybody got paid, the movie is done. Why cancel it? Is this some kind of test? Are they trying to make you "fight" to watch it? What's the end game here?

How the fuck do you try to start the DC cinematic universe without a fucking batman movie?

That's what I thought. Drum up some drama around it so everyone will beg for its release. I don't know though. I'm betting it really did suck so bad they don't want it tarnishing what reputation they have left. And wasting even one cent more on whatever is left before release is not worth it. Makes sense from a business standpoint if you know you have a huge turd.

Whatever JJ Abrams was cooking up (Black Superman?)

It was cancelled for being dogshit. Just don't start making dogshit. 90 million down the toilet is better than 91.

Springtime for Batgirl

They don't want to waste more money to get in theaters and promote a movie that is a guaranteed failure.
Maybe they will release it on streaming late unless they fear the movie to be so bad that releasing it will only hurt their brand.

exactly, they would have to spend another almost $50 million on marketing this piece of shit that wasn't even testing well that no one but woketards on twitter wanted

they did the superman movie first, obvious really.
after they did the batman vs superman one but it was a bomb. too fast paced. they should have done a separate batman origin

then they started getting panicky around civil war and age of ultron because team-up movies were doing really
well

so they bumrushed right into suicide squad (flop because all of the good shit was cut out since executives got spooked after batman vs superman)

right after when into justice league which was another flop because they didn't delay to let snyder finish it, instead they got that weirdo joss whedon to come in (despite the fact he's made the worse 2 avengers movies). and then he pissed of all the actors

now they are doing all these origin movies about kek-tier characters like wonder woman when they realised they aren't cut out to do avengers shit

Of comic book stuff I was told that ONLY Aquaman 2, The Flash, Black Adam, Gunn’s stuff (Peacemaker/movies), Joker 2 and Reeves’ stuff are safe.
Everything else not listed will be shelved or canned, be it animated/ TV live action or movie.

Zaslav directly said he wants HBO of 90s/00s back and that quality control was lost.

is he gonna bring Superman back???

They expected Man of Steel to be a billion dollar mega hit. It went below their expectations financially and got a poor response from critics and audience so they decided to fast track everything and shoehorn in Batman suddenly with BvS. Snyder originally wanted to do a solo MOS sequel

>he wants quality control back
all those movies not cut look mediocre at best. Also what is Reeves got planned?

how common/uncommon is this?

This. They're all unionized..

With a Red Tornado movie that's done in the style of Edward Scissorhands, or a Martian Manhunter one that's pure crime noir.
Everyone knows Batman, so nobody gives a shit.
But not everyone knows the other League members, so you start off with a few smaller budget pictures the get the intrigue ball rolling.

Black Adam and Aquaman 2 are too close and too expensive to be canned but they also got scoffed at by Zaslav.
He wants total DC reboot, stand alone movies that are released at fluid pace only, no DCEU.

my guess is they rework the ending for The Flash so Keaton isn't made the main Batman or whatever they were going to do there