WB Discovery plans

Insider here, expect entire DC slate to be shredded. Only Joker and The Batman verse and Shazamverse are safe. Harry Potter franchise is about to get a 9th film and a tv series for Discovery+. Lord of the Rings film rights will go to Amazon for 4 billion dollars. Yes, Zaslav wants to sell the LOTR AND HOBBIT TRILOGY FILMS AND ANIMATED FILMS TO AMAZON. The PJ films. War of Rohirrim is cancelled but could be revived by Amazon. Amazon will own LotR.

Attached: p-2-90743463-wb-discovery-logo.jpg (1280x720, 50.66K)

Amazon already owns MGM so theyll have no problem buying up full ownership of the film rights.

New Line owns the films

They are owned by New Line (WB) and Wing Nut. Hobbit are owned by New Line, Wing Nut, and MGM with Warner Distributing. Rings of Power are literally owned by Amazon, Tolkien Estate, and New Line in the minority because they have film rights. MGM WILL own LotR. This is the way.

>new boss, old attitude
Nothing changes, DC still fucked and most franchises will be axed.

So what really was the point of the ATT Warner discovery buyout? It was just to move money around and "lose" a portion of it in accounting right?

Yes

I have a theory that they're gonna pull a reverse Marvel in 1997 move and sell the rights to every DC Character except for Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman and their sidekicks and villains.
Sell the rest off to Sony or Disney.
The cancelling of all these projects and them still needing to rid themselves of debt seems to point to that direction.

Good. Kill capeshit already. So sick of it

Attached: b0f49509-20aa-4869-8e0a-82f0174e4229_screenshot[1].jpg (720x480, 20.42K)

That would be the dumbest move.

>$4 Billion Dollars for film rights to a series that is just factually finished
Big if true and a wise move on Warner's parts. What did you expect them to make a movie on Tom Bombadil?

But that's retarded. Shit like TTGO is practically the only reason kids watch CN anymore.

Factually finished? This shit has an untapped potential, people were asking for more stuff on 2nd and 4th age since fucking Tolkien. If done right, this is a goldmine, but I don't expect Amazon to deliver.

And WB would deliver? Lmao

>enjoying HBO MAX for all the good entertaining shows
>sudden FUCKING DISCOVERY storms in, cancels all the shows you're watching or were looking forward to watch
>Discovery: "HERE, THE LATEST SEASON OF THAT RETARDED WHITE TRASH GIRL AND HER RETARDED WHITE TRASH FAMILY!"
>Me: "T-thanks...."

Attached: tired of this shit.png (600x479, 306.38K)

LOL just wait

>Insider here: Muh Jerb! Muh precious jerb! Why won't they just let me infect every single thing with my politics!

HBO has a high standard for quality, on every "greatest shows of all time" list, every third show is an HBO show, so yeah I'd say its better chances than Amazon who would just make fluff for streaming content and market it by clickbait controversy

>you're watching or were looking forward to watch
Like what?
Seriously it's the hardest service to get a rec for.
Netflix: The Crown
Amazon: Reacher
Apple: Ted Lasso S1
Disney: Mandalorian S1
Hulu: Dopesick
HBO: ...

>shazamverse
just called it DCEU you dumb retard

Doomcock must be losing his shit right about now.

>doomcock
he only care about star wars media

Are they stupid enough to adapt that awful cursed child harry potter book?

Rumors say it will be an original story

They don't have any big hits so far but raised by wolves and Station eleven were pretty good, I heard Tokyo vice was ok too