The Northman

There was so much hype regarding this movie on this board and how it'd be a devastating blow to globohomo...

So why did it flop?

Attached: The_Northman.png (250x370, 138.82K)

vikings are gay

Boooooooooorrrrrrriiiiiiinnnng
Nobody cares about historical movies anymore

that pr company should never be hired again, 24/7, 3 generic ass shill threads a day. eggers were desperate to get muh hollywood box office hit. shouldve just wrote a better script.

it flopped because hard r historical films don't have enough of an audience in the present theatrical landscape

You're completely wrong.

at a time*
no matter what hour of day
funniest part is when they got their daily mail buddy to write an article about their own Any Forums posts.
eggers is one desperate piece of shit, the flop is just karma

it was on hbo max as well, not theater exclusive.

Did it flop?

The Lighthouse is in my Top 3 movies of all time.

This movie fucking sucked.

>There was so much hype regarding this movie on this board and how it'd be a devastating blow to globohomo...
I think you have brain damage.

what are the other 2?

Why do you keep repeating this thread. Are you a mod who reposts these threads when the boards are inactive to make it seem like this website is more busy than it is?

Anya never got her tits out, so who cares?

Attached: 1555445638869.webm (658x850, 2.79M)

Too arty to be a straight action/horror flick, too action/horrorish to be an arty film.

are you retarded?

Nah, Any Forums mods love making Any Forums threads hoping that gookmoot thinks they're a bigger problem than they are, so he'll delete it.

the hype on the board was astroturfed by robert eggers PR guys who had 3-5 generic threads at every hour of the day saying things like 'based' and 'white power'. meanwhile, the film itself is obviously there to appease marxist liberals showing whites as primitive barbarians, as eggers reaffirmed in one interview after another. audiences knew eggers is playing both sides and the film doesn't have a clear motive, and stayed away. audiences are smarter about deception than marketers think. there's a difference between real and astroturfed. Lighthouse was a hit with people because it had some realm of authenticity to it. The Northman is some weird kind of pilpul, "hey Any Forums it's a white film" "hey new yorker, it's an anti-white film!" and audiences go, "fuck off."

I didn't bother seeing it in theatres because it had ATJ in it. Eventually saw it and it was rather dull. Eggers is a hack and just does abstract stuff for the sake of it rather than having a plan or any nuance

agree
i thought the witch was garbage and then upon seeing lighthouse decided to give northman a shot thinking the witch was just a fluke
turns out, lighthouse was the fluke, this guy is a real hack

It literally did not even break even. Even if you go by the lowest possible budget given to Eggers it still fell short.

To put it into perspective Jordan Peele's new film, which mostly everyone can agree was a failure, still generated more revenue despite the similar budget sizes that went into making the two films.

It was a shitty decision of eggers to try and wedge his film as some statement on the culture wars, in either direction. people just wanted to see violence, not see some retard's politics on screen.

>just wanted to see violence
then they should've watched another, better movie

>3-5 shill threads all day on Any Forums
>also shill this movie on other boards
>one marketing faggots even made a northman general on Any Forums
The dumbest shill job I've ever seen

Attached: faggot.jpg (1280x960, 271.02K)

>audiences knew eggers is playing both sides
That's not true.
This film had a massive amount of shilling. People were saying they went a few times and that it was always packed to the brim. It's only when the films ratings came out that the discussion embarrassingly died.

yeah they were posting on Any Forums Any Forums and Any Forums why the fuck did they think Any Forums posts will make it a box office hit

I don’t care about albino niggers living in mud huts. LARPagans can already watch the faggot Thor movies on Sunday to own their parents or something. Why the fuck was this beaner tier movie made?

yeah i mean it's funny how worked up the dumbfucks on this board got over this movie
i remember after watching it all the pretty stupid people i knew that come to Any Forums were like
>HOLY FUCK IT'S A MASTERPIECE IT'S 11/10 ARE YOU STUPID HOW COULD YOU NOT LIKE IT???
now that the endless shilling and circlejerking has come to an end, they've quieted down and pretty much admit it's average at best
this is why you go by what you see and don't just get swayed by peer pressure like a retard, for or against it
everyone that called this some 10/10 masterpiece outed themselves as a subhuman pseud with no actual understanding of cinema
there's more to a movie than just pretty shots

Because Nazis like Vikings and everyone on Any Forums is a Nazi. That was their reasoning.

People also seem to think Any Forums is much larger than it is.

Wrong, it’s on the ‘cock not max
>t. Maxchad who still hasn’t seen this

Who cares about box office. General public are retards. I liked it.

really goes to how irrelevant Any Forums is

I liked the movie a lot

Samefagging kike trying to get people to hate kino and failing every time

Funny thing is these are the boards I browse minus Any Forums and I only saw it because a friend invited me.

>40 minutes too long
>3/4 of the movie are filler visions/dreams
>too experimental
yeah, I also wonder why it flopped...

movies being too long seems to be a recurring issue. the northman had it, and everything everywhere definitely went from being a relatively fun movie (8/10) or so to a 5/10 because it just would NOT stop going and going long past the finish line. i don't understand why this keeps happening because presumably they want as many seats and viewings as possible

Attached: 1659413486114863.jpg (2560x1440, 396.21K)

Attached: fagget.jpg (640x877, 68.75K)

wtf is this image from and why is it getting forced everywhere?

requiem for a dream, she's high off her ass and also doing ass to ass with another girl

He has those dreamy "Chair of the Federal Reserve"-eyes.

underage b&

Attached: 1657255185907.jpg (628x612, 115.6K)