Has this ever happened before? As in, a tduio literally finishes a movie then just decides not to release it...

Has this ever happened before? As in, a tduio literally finishes a movie then just decides not to release it. Closest I can think of is the original cut of Solo, but even then that was released after reshoots.

Attached: 1659476716440812.png (1170x1276, 1.18M)

Yes, it's happened plenty of times, but not to this scale. With COVID inflating the budget, Batgirl's production budget ballooned to 90 million dollars. There isn't a single studio that ever has or ever will decide to willingly take a nearly 100 million dollar bath on a movie.

And not just because of the money. Also because you would piss off every single member of the production and potentially burn bridges with important people you might need for other films. Add on top of all that, other talent might decide to go to other studios because they've lost faith in your ability to keep them happy.

this is all just a pr stunt, they're trying to artificially recreate the #releasethesnydercut campaign so they'll build up more hype.

Kinda hard for that to happen for a movie that hasn't even had a trailer released. Not to mention this wouldn't make sense as a PR stunt because all of this is horrible publicity that has people questioning the leadership at Warner Bros., including WB's own employees

Jerry Lewis' holocaust kino.

good luck doing that with a movie no one is excited about at all

That 90s Fantastic Four movie

will it ever be released??

Anti-white woke garbage movie isn't released? This is a great thing.

>We never got to see JUSTman as Firefly
Damn…

Attached: BFDD9A96-8463-4101-B9E4-081BE154D039.jpg (1242x1530, 1.72M)

Anyone remember the Nick Cage Superman?
That shit was bizzare

Dude, even people who actually like Batgirl are relieved this movie us getting fucked. Nobody's going to petition for its release.

I hope so, it's been built up to be a good fucking laugh.

That was made on the cheap just to retain the rights, which is funny since the costumes were more comic accurate than anything released since.

They knew nobody gave a shit about this movie, pretending to cancel it has gotten more people talking about it than if they had released a trailer. They'll give out little bits of info online and get lots of people talking then announce it's being released and get everyone talking again, they'll barely even pay for marketing. They probably told most people involved what they were going to do too.

That was made to never be released. It's completely different

It has the stench of death around it. Only a few nerds will see it out of morbid curiosity if it ever sees the light of day. It's dead.

You seem to be under the impression WB are competant at making superhero movies

We'll see.

It might be barely believable as a PR stunt in normal times, but due to the recent merger, it's clear this is the new guys doing cleaning house after discovering Batgirl was a huge turd on the living room carpet. Going back on their words now would make them seem weak and indecisive. Not going to happen

>And not just because of the money. Also because you would piss off every single member of the production and potentially burn bridges with important people you might need for other films. Add on top of all that, other talent might decide to go to other studios because they've lost faith in your ability to keep them happy.
Please stop parroting Grace Randolph. I work in the industry there are barely any jobs. Warner Brothers could shit on my chest and I would still report to work