What's the countercurse for avada kedavra? alakazam?

What's the countercurse for avada kedavra? alakazam?

Attached: url(71).jpg (1200x677, 101.09K)

baby skulls
every wizard should carry one

Parental love

what happens if they cant speak?

in the books they learn how to do it without talking
which makes it a lot less fun because the retarded spell names are 85% of the franchise's appeal

>announcing your attack like an animu character
do wizards really?

Apparently, love. But it protects you only until you're legally an adult in Bongistan. It's very anal that way.

"Fire mission"
Magic uses are weak to indirect fire because all their spells require LOS targeting

Attached: 800px-M777_howitzer_rear.jpg (800x521, 127.75K)

Im very aware of how this will make me look

In the majority of stories that involve a magic system, being able to do magic without speaking the name involved is usually a sign of skill mastery and power.

Consider "Abracadabra".

"Para-Bellum" and you shot them with your summoned gun.

who gives a fuck
screaming incantations is badass

What's the countercurse for the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises? Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Attached: book_tiers.png (345x621, 316.19K)

Literally anything that can conjugate some physical barrier that can block the spell.

It’s fucking retarded how it can somehow get through magical shields but can be blocked by regular physical obstacles.

This is what HPMOR gets right, funnily enough.
>And to answer your question, boy, there's two reasons why that spell's in the blackest book. The first is that the Killing Curse strikes directly at the soul, and it'll just keep going until it hits one. Straight through shields. Straight through walls. There's a reason why even Aurors fighting Death Eaters weren't allowed to use it before the Monroe Act."
>"Ah," said Harry. "That does seem like an excellent reason to ban -"
>"I'm not finished, son. The second reason is that the Killing Curse doesn't just take a powerful bit of magic. You've got to mean it. You've got to want someone dead, and not for the greater good, either. Killing Grice didn't bring back Blair Roche, or Nathan Rehfuss, or David Capito. It wasn't for justice, or to stop him doing it again. I wanted him dead. You understand now, lad? You don't have to be a Dark Wizard to use that spell - but you can't be Albus Dumbledore, either. And if you're arrested for killing with it, there's no possible defense."
>"I... see," murmured the Boy-Who-Lived. You can't want the person dead as an instrumental value on the way to some positive future consequence, you can't cast it if you believe it's a necessary evil, you have to actually want them dead for the sake of being dead, as a terminal value in your utility function. "A magically embodied preference for death over life, striking within the plane of pure life force... that does sound like a difficult spell to block."
>”Not difficult," Moody snapped. "Impossible."

It’s a cringe-kino fanfic but at least it fixes shit like that while also giving some neat worldbuilding.

Horcrux Porcus

Just sidestep an dodge the spell

Sneedum Feedum

If only that's what happened in Harry Potter

>I was raised on Dragonball

>HPMOR
What's that

Flipendo!

Attached: harry.jpg (1440x975, 346.52K)

Fanfiction where Harry is this giga-autistic savant who wants to become God because of copied-over Voldemort tendencies. It’s a really really good story once you get past the Reddit parts. Dumbledore and Voldemort are extremely based in it.

It is in Harry Potter as well, you can even one up it by doing wandless magic. The best example of this is Dumbledore stunning Fudge, Kingsley, and Umbridge in his office without speaking or drawing his wand

Literal fanfiction

>Fanfiction
stopped right there

Based how

NEGHUS TONGZ MAINUS

Attached: 10581425.jpg (300x300, 55.94K)

>The first is that the Killing Curse strikes directly at the soul, and it'll just keep going until it hits one. Straight through shields. Straight through walls
wouldn't be a problem on a globe earth, is jk rowling flat pilled?

a glock