Where does Saw rank in the grand scheme of horror franchises?

Where does Saw rank in the grand scheme of horror franchises?

Attached: 1409477936008.jpg (900x506, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FCn3iWlwiHk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not high.

Very high

saw is classic

They're pretty dumb and just an excuse for gory and improbable traps, but I do appreciate that we got an old school yearly entry horror series like Friday or Nightmare in the 2000s, long after that had gone out of vogue and general film release schedules made it an unlikelihood. And over the top as it was, it did have its own distinct style, you'd always know you were looking at a Saw film (well, unless you saw Jigsaw but best not to do that).

Only saw I and II are good.

Is saw even horror? It’s more like a gory thriller than a horror series

unrealistic that they tried to convict him because technically on a law perspective Jigsaw didn't do anything wrong

>Nine film series
>In which the main antagonist died in the THIRD entry, and not in a Jason/Michael way, he really died

The last decent horror franchise ever made.

Fear Factory made a song for Saw. It's pretty gay too.

youtube.com/watch?v=FCn3iWlwiHk

>Saw
>Saw II
>Saw III
>Saw IV
>Saw V
>Saw VI
>Saw 3D
>Jigsaw
>Spiral: From the Book of Saw
Why do franchises inevitably go retarded with titles after being consistent for a long time?

>unrealistic that they tried to convict him because technically on a law perspective Jigsaw didn't do anything wron
We're not going through this again...

>Jigsaw was revealed over the course of eight films to have FOUR secret apprentices, all at the same time apparently

Saw was only ever surface level. It's a slasher with nothing going on under the hood. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. Friday the 13th is very similar, in that it's shallow as fuck, but also it's a whole lot of fun.

Weirder shit has happened. Jason became a zombie and audiences accepted it. Michael Myers became controllable with special stones and audiences... OK, they didn't accept that one.

No one wants to watch the seventh film in a franchise. They tried to cash in on 3d revival.

Ah but he had a secret apprentice all along....and a different secret apprentice all along....and a third secret apprentice all along....plus one more secret apprentice all along!

Tell that to Furious Seven, the highest grossing film of the Fast & Furious franchise

>trying to discuss horrorkino on a board full of insecure scifi dorks
If Jigsaw was preaching communism and shooting people with rayguns, then Any Forums would love it lmao

I like the story desu, it makes me laugh and is why i keep coming back.

It's a franchise full of dumb, annoying characters that exists to show gruesome death and gore in elaborate and varied setpieces.
So...it's a horror franchise. It's just 2000s Friday the 13th. The only difference is it tries to have this ongoing thriller story which gets more and more convoluted as it goes on, rather than being standalone.