Joe Eszterhas

Based Department CEO

Attached: hollywood animal.png (801x621, 61.79K)

didn't he also write showgirls?

Yes and got paid a fuckload to do so.

those are cocky words for one of the worst movies of all time.

Almost every script he wrote thereafter was complete trash. His advice seems to be 'trust your own instinct and dont take anyone's advice, even if you are a complete retard'

He got paid $2m for his shit story, how's your trunk script doing? Joe got paid more for his unproduced scripts than most writers ever dream of for an entire career.

A writer should definitely trust their own instincts. Compared to what, a retarded exec/director/actor who doesn't write?

a satire of career girl moves to the big city movies that plebs like you didn't catch

Verhoeven is a smart guy. Its not like every line a writers puts down on paper is sacrosanct. Book writers have editors to fix issues they themselves cannot see. Not every writer is some self-contained genius, you should trust your own instinct but in Joe's case, he's a retard, and it shows from his crappy scripts after Basic Instinct, where he had a lot more control due to the success of that movie. He got high on his own perceived greatness.

Basic Instinct was meh. It only sold because Sharon Stone showed her bush.

i hope he was fighting for the pusy scene

how do you destroy an already shit script?

doubtful that was the issue, seems like something Pervhoeven would be all in favor of

It wasn't in the script, that was Verhoeven's idea

>in a land full of complete hacks
Still doesn't mean he's any good.

Boy if you think the 90s were full of hacks, I've got some breaking bad news for you...

Reminder that his script for Mel Gibson, The Maccabees, is still unproduced

Attached: 64335234323.jpg (300x241, 33.03K)

I wouldn't have any problem acting up after being paid 3 million either.

>intransigent
Couldn't he have just said stubborn?

>intransigence
wow he really likes that word