Taxi Driver

I don’t know if I’m a normie for saying this but fuck it this is the greatest movie i have ever seen

Attached: 44151128-64CA-4607-AC59-0A5098874A4C.jpg (1108x831, 130.05K)

still relevant today too

the camera pan in the hallway when he's on the phone is a direct reference to Weekend by Godard in case that might interest you.

I have heard there are a lot of Godard references throughout the film

it's a great movie but you're obviously 19
watch more movies and in 10 years it probably won't even be in your top 10

Absolutely

It's great, especially the cinematography, editing and the incredible score. Really a hypnotic movie

Did not know that, but it is a very memorable shot

I’m 21 but yeah I do need to watch more especially Tarkovsky and stuff

So did he get laid in the end

What did you like about it? I found it eh. I preferred King of Comedy and Joker desu

My favorite part is Scorsese's cameo. AKA a nigger lives up there. Based.

Attached: scorsese_cameo_taxi_driver_Enfilme_55h31_675_489.jpg (675x489, 207.49K)

watch dog day afternoon, easy rider and fear and loathing in las vegas, i remember loving those movies at your age (and still good now but they hit harder back then)

Keep watching movies from this era, oh the feels they will make you feel!

Attached: The_Conversation-saxophone.jpg (1600x900, 161.7K)

Bickle is a relatable character. All of us have that loneliness inside of us. I hate to say literally me cause im not a violence-focused maniac but literally me

>emotionally stunted retard identifies with psychopathic loser because it's a lot easier than taking personal inventory and realizing he's responsible for his shit life
wow many such cases

>director self-inserts as a cuck
why can they just keep their fetishes out of their films?

These are all fucking awesome, just watched easy rider yesterday

Based. I will watch more Godard.

Don't know if I was too drunk or what but I still don't get the point where he goes from being a normal dude to buzzing him hair and trying to assassinate the mayor or whoever and going on a killing spree

iirc the actor wasn't able to play the part when they needed him so Scorsese stepped in. Wasn't a self-insert

>the actor playing the cuck tries to cuck Scorcese so Scorcese cucks the actor and plays the cuck
bravo