I don't know why people hate on Rocky IV. To me, it's the best move in the franchise...

I don't know why people hate on Rocky IV. To me, it's the best move in the franchise, with Balboa and II falling not far behind.

Mainly because Rocky has to face an actual rival in this one, compared to Apollo and Clubber.

Attached: rocky_drago.jpg (1400x1400, 211.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1SUzcDUERLo
youtu.be/h8nC-RnETd0?t=196
youtube.com/watch?v=u5njjeWC_Oc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*movie

>Mainly because Rocky has to face an actual rival in this one, compared to Apollo and Clubber.
what did user mean by this?

Apollo and Clubber had one thing in common in which they cared more about their fame than their actual pride they took in their boxing skills. Yet where Apollo was more condescending and cocky, Clubber was more temperamental and abrasive.

Drago had neither of these qualities. He was the penultimate alpha male coming in at the height of the Cold war. It was a breath of fresh air that Rocky desperately needed in order to be taken seriously and it was the one fight that left Rocky with major repercussions in the form of brain damage. Leaving his victory against Drago to be a pyrrhic one.

As it should be for all legendary boxers out there.

Attached: tumblr_psmxfdyVBx1wij5dfo1_r1_1280.jpg (1280x1825, 839.04K)

>I don't know why people hate on Rocky IV
last time i made a rocky thread everyone was calling me a faggot for (rightfully) placing IV as the worst rocky movie. people generally rank IV as the best rocky movie so not sure who are you talking about.

if it is about people like me, it's because IV is basically just an action movie and while it is a good one and pure 80s, it really misses the charm of rocky facing struggles. while the other movies used the boxing match as a way to give resolution to these personal struggles, in IV it becomes practically the struggle itself, meaning rocky has no personal investment in the story or growth as a person

>it's the best move in the franchise
correct

Rocky is objectively the best, but good luck trying to get anyone to prefer it to Rocky IV

Idk how you can watch Rocky 1 and 2 and come away being so clueless

THERE’S NO EASY WAY OUT
*bwaaahh bwaahhh*
THERE’S NO SHORTCUT HOOOMMMEE

Attached: D4B263E0-AD8A-418A-A72D-6B99C8E1FB15.png (1054x750, 352.19K)

>I don't know why people hate on Rocky IV
It’s because Any Forums is filled with jaded contrarian retards who can’t appreciate kino.
youtu.be/1SUzcDUERLo

Attached: Training Montage.jpg (1024x1024, 206.21K)

I guess what he's saying is, if I can change and you can change... we can all change.
I'm starting with the man in the mirror.

Even when Rocky was grounded in reality, there’s no way a guy Stallone’s size would’ve qualified as a heavyweight fighter, right?

It's the movie that singlehandedly ended the Cold War. Russians and Americans have been best bros ever since.

You're a fucking huge pleb if you don't prefer Rocky I+II to any other movie in the franchise.

Adrian doubts him for the first time in rocky 4

Rocky’s character is 5’10”

Mike Tyson was 5’10”

Also I’m pretty sure you’re allowed to fight up a weight class, because it doesn’t give an advantage like fighting down a weight class. This is a plot point in that boxing movie with le literally me psychoman and marky mark

>because it doesn’t give an advantage like fighting down a weight class.
But wouldn't the other person be fighting down a weight class?

I haven't seen it but that montage is peak 80s
youtu.be/h8nC-RnETd0?t=196

absolute kino
youtube.com/watch?v=u5njjeWC_Oc

The dude was a superhuman according to the soviet computers & scientists and Rocky still managed to win

A movie for kids

No, the lighter guy is an honorary heavyweight if he chooses to accept the fight. There would be no stigma to not take the fight, and to postpone while the fighters work to match weights, but taking the fight is kind of like a “this lil guy has some cajones” moment. It’s like impressive, signals confidence.

They also didn't actually fight. Don't think about it too much though, might strain a chromosome.

If you think it’s a movie for kids, you’ll never be a man. Just because the message is simple doesn’t mean it’s wrong.

Srs.

I see, I genuinely know nothing about boxing, thanks for the info man.

Apollo was literally a champion boxer who was miles ahead of everyone else. He was bored because he beat everyone else so soundly. That's why he was reduced to fighting Rocky, because he was so high level that he was just doing shit like that for the novelty. Apollo was so beyond Rocky's level that it was unfathomable, it was like a joke fight.
That's why Rocky going the distance is so powerful, because it took all he had to just "not lose." He knew he would lose. Everyone knew he would lose. But he won because he was able to put up a real fight against the greatest of all time.
Saying Apollo was not a real rival is unfathomably retarded. Rocky was never meant to beat Apollo and thats what makes the movie great, bscause Rocky emerges the moral victor in a doomed situation. Everything after Rocky is practically fanfiction. And I say this as someone who loved Rocky 4.
Anyway you're fucking stupid