Unironically one of the best american films of the 2000s. It's delightful

Unironically one of the best american films of the 2000s. It's delightful

Attached: 73136~2.jpg (1500x2210, 369.55K)

SOME

BANE?

ONCE

>premiered on may 18, 2001
Shrek is a late 90s film in essence

We get it your balls dropped like 5 years ago

Donkey only works as a character in 1 because he can be seen as an innocent child in it, so his personality is justified (and therefore funny) He doesn't work in 2 because it's revealed at the end that he fucked Dragon inbetween films, so you don't see him as a child anymore

>1 had a woman co director and woman executive producers
>2 only had dudes at the helm, and it has little of the charm/innocence from 1
Coincidence much?

you now remember that shrekchan is a website that exists

for me, it was that greentext story about the guy working at mcdonalds who comes in and a customer orders no onions so he spits in the guy's food

>it's all ogre now

first movie had the Prince of Egypt producers involved as executive producers. They didn't return for the sequels due to leaving Dreamworks in early 2002

Attached: Screenshot_20220802-231047.png (1440x720, 77.2K)

huh, I wonder what the early life on those two names would reveal...

they produced Prince of Egypt and executive produced Antz and Shrek 1 before leaving. Coincidentally, they happen to be some of the very best Dreamworks films

>John Lithcow
Who?

the second film is bad. Garbage storyline

Shrek was the first animated film to premiere at Cannes since Peter Pan in 1953. Nobody laughed during the first 10 mins, so directors/producer (wearing suits) started getting nervous. When credits rolled, there was a big ovation

i can't decide which one i like more : Shrek or pic related. They're so freaking good

Attached: Antz_1998_original_film_art_spo_5000x.jpg (1588x2304, 304.9K)

>"Holding Out for a Hero scene in Shrek 2 is perfect"
i don't know, there is some stupid shit in it : giant gingerbread man yelling like Godzilla or saying "be good" like ET, the gumdrop button on fire bit, Charming dancing with that rose on his mouth and then twisting it with his tongue (plus Fiona putting it in her mouth after he spits it), the royal guards pouring a vat of hot milk on giant gingerbread man while saying "heave ho", the slow motion scream moment, blind jokes with the mice, Shrek knocking out three knights with a single kick, Puss' sword somehow reaching Gingy despite their distance, etc

shrek 3 ducking sucked

I had to watch this movie twice in a row (after i had already seen it once at theatres) on a school camp that got rained out. It completely killed it for me.
Like that meme where a kid caught smoking is forced to smoke the entire pack.

2 and 3 are both shit