Any teenage boy would want to be in Shinji's situation in general

Any teenage boy would want to be in Shinji's situation in general

Attached: eva.jpg (700x525, 77.58K)

isn't that the whole point of the show? Him being surrounded by all different types of women and not having a clue what to do?
I mean, yeah space robots etc, but it's all about him manning up

Imagine still being hung up on Eva after 30 years.

Attached: riiman.png (991x569, 536.66K)

shinji is a completely irrational character. the world is about to end and he refuses sex left and right

It's a classic that's constantly being discovered by new generations

>clone of his mother
>bitch
>drunk whore
wow what choices

Its the Twin Peaks of anime

Only because every teenage boy knows he'd do better

Not from the one he truly loves, Kaworu

Kaworu's """love""" was worthless. Unconditional love is meaningless.

Turn that tsun into a dere with dick.

Kensuke won and i'm happy for him. Asukafags just self-inserted too hard into Shinji.

>but it's all about him failing at manning up*
ftfy

Kensuke really pulled it off. What a lucky guy. Also Shinji didn't even like Asuka so the whole thing with them doesn't make much sense. Dumb self inserters I guess.

If you want to really think about it like real life a helicopter crashes and misses him by about 10 feet in the first 60 seconds of episode 1 and similar trauma happens like multiple times an episode

That said for all that he isolates himself he does actually like being around Misato and Asuka, and is attracted to them. It's just that he finds building proper relationships so difficult and existentially stressful/demoralizing that he tries to substitute just being cooperative and doing what he's told, even if that amounts to being a child soldier. He's trying to enjoy the situation in a way thats dysfunctional but feels more bearable to him because he rejects responsibility for it.

He's locked into piloting the EVA because its his primary source of social validation and the place in the world it gives him is used as a crutch to avoid actually building relationships and interacting deeply with others. At the same time everything he does is not somehow in relation to his father who played such a big role in Shinji developing all these problems in the first place, which doesn't help, and piloting the Eva is about as stressful and painful as frontline fighting and almost dying in a war, once every few weeks maybe.

No.

Outside of cashiers, saying excuse me, or teachers, I did not talk to one girl for the entirety of my teenage years.

>Unconditional love is meaningless.
Elaborate?

At least you'd do the robot bits alright

Love without standards makes no sense. There is no such thing. You always love people or animals for what they give you. Even loving family "unconditionally" has a prerequisite, that it's your family, your genetic kin.

Um.
You realize who the target audience for the show was right..?