What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: 627272.jpg (810x731, 182.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lSOZtXYMycY
youtu.be/KnWY0mE_Mhk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nothing really. Todd & Aaron's game awards is great every year.

youtu.be/lSOZtXYMycY

Eric left. Also they moved out of the comfy warehouse

Buu saga was pretty good.

Rocco turned into a selfish narcissistic cocky asshole. Usually this isn't uncommon but he really wants an iron grip on what everyone is doing and thinking.

Nothing really, the podcast is really boring now but that's about it.

>that BTS video of the newest DBZ video where Garrett pretends to be really pissed off with Rocco and you can tell he's genuinely terrified of any sort of confrontation
Rocco's such a manchild

Fucking weird to see them younger than I am now in a vid that came out when they were a big part of my personal gamerboi culture. Yeah they suck now. They severely lack the creativity of their youth and they're way too old to be making lel low budget XD shit. Rocco's also a fucking petty narcissist manchild brand loyalist that obsessively interacts with commenters/chatters and really let their mild fame go to his head. I'm glad the rest of them seem to be doing alright besides Derrick's failed podcast with that fat girl. Also Frank Howley is a coattailing faggot.

Probably need to scale up in some capacity or somehow fix their work flow because their output is pathetic. At this point it's 2 or 3 videos a year. It took them almost a decade to make a 1 hour movie and thus is their full time jobs.

It's also hilarious how much Derrick seems to hate what they are doing and how much he hates the fans.

>eric
That rat looking guy? Good riddance.

all retards and nothing of value was lost

>squints and raises voice several octaves: "You know what I mean?"

Attached: 1545018946032.jpg (597x728, 54.17K)

>It's also hilarious how much Derrick seems to hate what they are doing and how much he hates the fans
Is he still in that phase? I know he seemed to be done and was waiting for opportunity to leave if he got better deal couple years ago but seemed to calm down at first.

Used to watch their podcasts every HOT Sunday night, go through their personal channels for the skits.
Unboxing ring was discontinued so I stopped watching

It's not that anything went wrong, it's that nothing happened. It's clear they wanted something more to come from the brand, but that just wasn't going to happen.

Derrick isn't that funny and he has way too much confidence and pushes himself onto everyone constantly. He is by far the least funny person working for the team yet he acts like he is the main guy. Rocco was always the main guy and the funniest guy but over the years he has been pushed into the corner, Derrick always talking over him.
Their podcast was really hilarious and some of their best content. They would put out funny skits and then put out a funny podcast, then another funny skit. Then after a while it became 20 episodes of the podcast in a row and maybe one skit if you are lucky. They turned their entire channel into a podcast channel. Videos that are hours long and only have like 2K views, complete waste of time. You watch these videos expecting really funny skits and Rocco doing something. Some of their podcast episodes are insanely funny. But then Derrick opens his mouth. ''DID YOU KNOW I AM TECHNICALLY NOT WHITE????? DID YOUR HEAR WHAT DONALD TRUMP SAID?? WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH POLITICS!???!'' He takes over the show and makes everyone else shut up and makes them uncomfortable.
In every new skit he has to be the central character, every photo he needs to be in the front, he has to have the most screentime. He ran Mega64 into the ground with these podcasts and then he gets fucking mad that Mega64 isn't successful and that the other guys are bowing out and doing something else with their life.

Holy autismo batman
>podcast is anyone’s best content
How can you seriously tell yourself this?

Post legs

Attached: EpzcpUf.jpg (1536x2048, 299.26K)

Their best episodes were entire skit shows where they have a script and a bit that they are doing. They were fake podcasts. It wasn't just dudes sitting around talking about the current topics like it is now.

There's pre-Patreon Mega64 and post-Patreon Meg64. Pre-Patreon they had actually funny videos released regularly, great podcast, the guys had their side projects to work on too. Post-Patreon they stopped being as funny (there are exceptions like Todd and Aaron, some skits, the sweded stuff) - their other 'comedy' videos are just kinda shit. Compare any of them to a stone cold classic like Pizzatron, they just don't cut the mustard. And because of their dwindling fanbase they have had to appeal to their die hard Discord/Tumble fans who actually buy the merch and attend the Gamedays. This bubble has protected them from hard criticism and their content has suffered as a result. They have these extras they've brought on who aren't very funny either (although the classic extras like Brian and Frank are still great). Also they got older, and we got older.

I haven't been particularly impressed by anything they've put together at their new studio. Maybe it's just because I felt the parasocial relationship at its most when they were at the previous studio, it was a good friend simulator. Not anymore.

>that one podcast before MGSV came out where the hype was so big he declared that "after MGSV comes out I'm done with video games"
and then the joy of watching him ummm and aaahhh in his post-play thoughts on the game.

Predicted Unreal Engine 5

youtu.be/KnWY0mE_Mhk

>no more living vicariously through vids of the Mega64 crew having fun in public
>no more nutty podcast antics filled with youthful energy
>no more drinking coffee with unmarried childless Dodger vlogs
>no more hatewatching all of VGHS
>no more fun new AAA games
>no more early 2010s

Shawn turned into a selfish narcissistic cocky asshole. Usually this isn't uncommon but he really wants an iron grip on what everyone is doing and thinking.

>>no more drinking coffee with unmarried childless Dodger vlogs
I went on /wsg/ once and some guy was going full on bjork stalker, singlehandedly maintaining the 'dodger webm' thread and getting upset when she was late for streams. wonder whatever happened to him. but yeah an era ended when she settled down.