It wasn't that bad. Only the last 30 minutes of the third movie were irredeemable

It wasn't that bad. Only the last 30 minutes of the third movie were irredeemable.

Attached: Bilbo kneeling-min.jpg (3000x4500, 1.57M)

>the entire underground goblin thing
>the forest wizard with his cgi abominations
>the barrels in the river
>the whole bard arc
>the hungry trolls
>the dark woods with the elves or some shit
literally all I remember and there's 8 hours of movies, that's a bad sign

I almost dropped the film in the middle of singing at the beginning.
Gladly after I returned from toilet it was over.

The amazon series will elevate this to LotR status. It'll be the prequel trilogy appreciation after the sequel trilogy all over again.

>Only the last 30 minutes of the third movie were irredeemable.
There were plenty of kino scenes
>Eagles and Beorn
>Thorin's death
>Bilbo's departure
>Ending

It's almost impressive how despite this being an hour shorter than Return f the King it fells an hour longer.

>It wasn't that bad.

Attached: hobbit barrels.webm (960x400, 2.92M)

Kneeling = Black Lives Matter?

The Dwarf/Elf love story was an abomination worse than the Ring of Power castings. I almost threw up. It was actually disgusting.

The extended editions of 2 and 3 are much better

2 has a completely different Dol Guldur subplot, the High Fells scene, the entire Beorn introduction scene from the book and more and better Bard scenes

3 was unfinished at launch and the battle is completely redone in the extended edition. Jackson goes full retard rated R Warhammer Fantasy. The chariot chase is fun. There is one last unfinished scene shown in the making of - Beorn rampaging through the orcs.

your life is unredeemable op

I'm currently on the last book, never saw the Hobbit movies and haven't seen LoTR since the original movies came out came out 20 years ago. Never seen the extended editions either. Was planning on marathoning them when I'm finished the books. Should I watch the Hobbit movies too? I was planning on it, the book was really good

Changing Bard's longbow to a magic ballista was fucking lame is one thing I remember.

Jackson never understood Dwarves. His main impulse is to have them be the butt of jokes and it really wasn't much different with gimli.

3's EE is fucking terrible. Instead of more character scenes, he added a billion hours of boring combat. Or it feels like it anway.

>Should I watch the Hobbit movies too?
Either no or only after finishing the LotR Extended trilogy.

Theres a fan edit that drops the 3 movies down to 4.5hrs instead of 46445

>fan edit
Yuck

First movie was really good desu

Watch the LotR movies first, if you enjoy all three then I somewhat recommend the first Hobbit movie or the fan edit like another user mentioned. The 2nd and 3rd movies are pretty shit though. You can tell Jackson was having a tough time trying to stretch out the novel into three movies.

These scenes could've worked if it was entirely cgi.

2nd one was still a functional movie. 3rd one was a giant mess.