I'm not sure what 'dishonest filmmaking' is, but I wonder if this movie's the best example of it

I'm not sure what 'dishonest filmmaking' is, but I wonder if this movie's the best example of it.

Attached: 3000.jpg (3000x2000, 562.08K)

Filtered

I hate child actors and the type of people who so.y.face when kids swear

>I don’t know what this buzzword means but that’s not gonna stop me from using it
Average Any Forums user

>Antagonist does nothing until it's time for him to die
Yeah real fucking keeno, mate.

>hmm this movie is so good that i don't know how to shit on it but i want to, what do?
>oh right i will just use a new buzzword i just found today! heehee

Literally what was good about it?
The antagonist is wasted, barely does anything and we don't know anything about him. The kid just sits in a basement trying this and that with no suspense whatsoever (also because of the passive antagonist) and the acting is piss poor.

Average human being actually.

This is about the 500th time someone has claimed this movie is "so good" (Netflix consumer phrase btw) without any resemblance of an explanation.

What the fuck do you mean the antagonist doesn't do anything, did you watch the goddamn movie or did you watch clips of it on YouTube?

best movie in years

Attached: face.jpg (250x216, 6.18K)

He just sits on a chair waiting for Finney to come up but he doesn't so 'well I guess I'll just come into the basement, say three lines and then go back up lmao'. One time he runs after the kid when he escapes and all of the rest of the time he's just giving the kid time to speak to his escape-plan hotline.

It had too much Blumhouse stench all over it.
>let's make it gritty
>but not too gritty
>and dirty
>but not too dirty
>and scary
>if you're a turbo normie
Fucking kid spends few days and nights in a dank cellar without changing clothes (or shoes, for that matter) or taking a shower. And he looks just the same as he used to when it started.
For fuck's sake. We've all lived trough the lockdown and we post on Any Forums. If anyone knows how you like like without washing yourself for a week, it's us. You can almost see the stench in the mirror.
Meanwhile, in every Blumhouse movie even dirt looks like it's made on a 3D printer.

Idk what it means either. But yes, they threw a buncha tropes together and kinda made a story. Like they were producing 3 different films and just threw them all into 1 film.

compared to shit that's come out recently, it was pretty good. But it's not hard to stand out when your competition is like Men.

I agree. Film was a snoozefest. Nothing actually spooky or stimulating happens. I feel like the film was influenced by Gacy with the basement graves and the 'clown/magician' figure. As if this film was supposed to be seen as a serial killer classic with a supernatural twist by zoomers in a decade.

>The spanking scene
K I N O

Can someone just give me a good example of dishonest film making and also define it? I don't watch modern movies, mostly 90s and back. So give me an example of a dishonest scene in a Better Davis, Brando, Garbo, O'Toole, Harris, etc. film.

Attached: 546uye5.png (512x512, 17.82K)

Here you go.

Attached: 1590206597132.png (1024x424, 582.16K)

Sorry, but it was kino

Why is there a stream of water pouring out of the kid's head?